Help us lobby at State Committee this weekend at the Host

  • Jerry Policoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2010

      If you are planning to come to the Democratic State Committee Convention this weekend at the Host Hotel and Conference Center here in Lancaster, we can use your help.  If you are not planning on coming please reconsider because, again, we need your help.

      If you are not yet aware of it, a resolution will be on the State Committee agenda calling on the Legislature to support our single-Payer bill.  We believe it has an excellent chance of passing, but we need to have boots on the ground to help us lobby committee people and to lend vocal support when the resolution comes up for a vote.

      We were not successful in getting a table of our own, but we can meet up when we need to at the Lancaster County Democratic Committee’s table (thanks to Bruce Beardsley).  We are planning a logistics meeting in the restaurant near the lobby bar Friday evening.  The State Committee will convene at noon on Saturday.

      Join us if you can.  We’ll be easy to spot with our “HealthCare4ALLPA” buttons as well as our “Support the Single-Payer Resolution” buttons, and you can always call me on my cell phone (717) 682-4434 or land line if I am home (717) 295-0237.

      It will be a fun event as well as a great networking opportunity, and it will be awesome if we pull off this resolution.  See you there, I hope.

      Jerry Policoff

      1117 Wheatland Avenue/ H-4

      Lancaster, Pa. 17603

      Home phone/fax:  717-295-0237