MoveOn Healthcare Vigil tonight

  • Jerry Policoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2009

      In case you are not aware of it, Mimi Shapiro is organizing a MoveOn Health Care vigil this evening on the steps of the Lancaster courthouse.  Please attend if you can. MoveOn does not advocate for single-payer as many of us do, but that does not mean we that the single-payer advocates can’t show up in a showing of solidarity with MoveOn for meaningful healthcare reform. (Details below)

      Also, for those of you who are not aware of it, the Senate Banking and Insurance Committee has scheduled a hearing on our single-payer legislation at 9 am on December 16th.   I hope all of you will try to make it.   If you want to car pool (as a driver or passenger) let me know and I will try to act as a facilitator for the Lancaster area.  This is the first time ever anywhere (as far as we know) that a Republican majority committee chaired by a Republican Legislator has held hearings on single-payer legislation.  Please spread the word and show your support for this bill by coming to Harrisburg on December 16th:

      When: Wednesday, December 16, 9:00 - 10:30 AM

      Where: Room 8E-A East Wing, Capitol Building

      MoveOn.org Activists Sponsoring Health Care Vigil

      Local MoveOn.org members are holding a Health Care vigil which will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 8 beginning at 5:30 pm on the steps of the Old Courthouse at the corner of East King and Duke Streets. Dress warmly, candles will be provided.

      Bring your concerns and hopes for healthcare legislation to a vigil where we will show our U.S. Senators how important this legislation is to all of us. Bring signs, friends, neighbors and stories to share.

      Contact Mimi Shapiro at mimistudio@....

      Jerry Policoff

      1117 Wheatland Avenue/ H-4

      Lancaster, Pa. 17603