2009-04-23 Testimony of David U. Himmelstein, MD before the HELP subcommittee

  • Jerry Policoff
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009

      Dr. David Himmelstein, a Massachusetts M.D., and one of the founders of Physicians for a National Health Plan (PNHP), testified in support of a single-payer healthcare system before a Congressional subcommittee recently.  His testimony offers some of the best rationale I have seen to date in support of the single-payer system, and he offers compelling statistics for why a Massachusetts-type reform or a public/private plan will not come close to solving our healthcare crisis.  I took the liberty of excerpting his testimony, and all the bold italics were added by me.  His testimony in its entirety is attached.  These are talking points we would do well to memorize.

      Jerry Policoff

      1115 Wheatland Avenue/ G-3

      Lancaster, Pa. 17603

      Home phone/fax:  717-295-0237