Re: [CBChomeschoolersME] Upcoming Field Trip: Old Fort Western - May 16th

  • Beth
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2011
      We would love to go----Bruce age 9
      Thanks for setting this up. :-)
      Beth H

      --- On Wed, 4/27/11, Lisa Berry <luvtoskrap@...> wrote:

      From: Lisa Berry <luvtoskrap@...>
      Subject: [CBChomeschoolersME] Upcoming Field Trip: Old Fort Western - May 16th
      To: "CBChomeschoolersME" <CBChomeschoolersME@yahoogroups.com>, "wmh" <WMH@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 10:21 AM

      I have booked a program for Monday, May 16th at Old Fort Western.

      http://www.oldfortwestern.org/

      We are set to do their program called "Daily Life in the 18th Century." It's

      very hands-on. The kids will be broken in to groups of 10 (most likely based

      on age as much as we can) and cycled through various stations. I think this

      is the one my boys did eons ago when Jack was little. They get to go to the

      kitchen, the loom, outside to make shingles, etc.

      It's a 90 minute long program and I set it up for 9:30 in the morning so it

      will go until 11ish. The cost is $3.50 per child & parents. You will need to

      plan to arrive in the parking lost no later than 9:15 so I can collect all

      the money and get us signed in. Please do not be late!

      *I need to have an accurate head count by May 11th so that is the cut off

      date to sign up for this trip.* Please email me with the names and ages of

      your children so that I can break them in to groups prior to our arriving.

      If you want your families to stay together, please let me know that as

      well.

      Amanda is looking into trying to get us booked for a tour of the Army Museum

      at Camp Keys for the afternoon. I'll keep you posted on that. That is

      donation only (if I remember right).

    • Vicki Merrill
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2011
        Sign us up - 1 adult, 7 kiddos. Thanks! Vicki

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 27, 2011
          Hi Lisa, this sounds like a great trip! Is there room left for 4 kiddos and 1 adult?

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2011
            Yes, I still have plenty of room.

            Just send me names and ages of the children please. You can do that off-list
            if you'd like.

            Thanks! ;-)

            Lisa

            On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 9:23 PM, amy carson <mthr4stu@...> wrote:

            > Hi Lisa, this sounds like a great trip! Is there room left for 4 kiddos and
            > 1 adult?

          • Jenny Long
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 28, 2011
              Please sign Tyler up plus 1 adult!  Not sure if it will be me or my mom!
              Thank you so much he will love this!!!!!!
              Jenny