Homeschooling Co-op Changes at CBC

  • Amanda Bolduc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2011
      Hello everyone,

      Sorry for my delay in getting this email out, I've been up to my eyeballs in
      getting ready for TAX SEASON!!!!! Anyway, there are going to be many changes
      taking place with the co-op for this new year!  During the Christmas Party a
      group of us moms were able to sit and discuss how the revamp the co-op and came
      up with a new schedule.

      We will no longer be meeting during MOPS on Wednesday. With the amount of
      children attending the co-op and lack of workers it was becoming overwhelming
      for a small majority of us. So we have decided to move the Co-op to Thrusdays in
      the late afternoon at 3pm until 4:30pm leaving time to break for dinner and
      prepare for AWANA that evening.   We also decided that once a month we would
      have a science class put on by a family and the 2nd Thursday would be dedicated
      to either field trips (i.e. Maine State Museum for free classes) or having the
      people from Goodwill Hinckley come to put on a class here at church.

      With this said, here is the new schedule:

      January 13th  3:00-4:30pm  Science with experiments
      January 27th  3:00-4:30pm  Visitor or Field Trip (time may vary depending on
      field trip)
      February 10th 3:00-4:30pm Science with experiments
      February 24th 3:00-4:30pm Visitor or Field Trip
      etc....etc.....

      I will be getting in touch with the ladies at Goodwill Hickley to see if they
      would be able to provide us with a class on those days. They usually do a 5 week
      session at a cost of $10/child. What I need to know, is how many of you would be
      interested in attending those classes?

      In addition, we will also be asking families as a whole sign up and teach some
      type of a science class to the co-op group. We ask that the moms don't do all
      the teaching but that the children instruct as well.  Hands-on experiments are
      highly encouraged. I will be developing a schedule of science topics for each
      family to choose from. But for the first week The Bolduc clan will plan on
      instructing!

      Please let me know if you are still interested in attending the Co-op or would
      like to start attending.

      Thanks and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

      Amanda

    • Monica Bertone
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011
        We would be interested in the 5 week session for Goodwill Hinkley, as long as it
        doesn't interfere with our Scouts. Thanks again!

        Monica
        (Mom of Hunter, Sage, Rachel)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2011
          Amanda,Meri, Maddie, and I are planning to come to co-op Thursday afternoon.
          Question for you about the GH classes:What is the topic/subject?
          Thanks,Janelle
          To: CBChomeschoolersME@yahoogroups.com

          From: Amanda Bolduc <bsbolduc@...>