Last chance to join us!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2010
      I need a final head count by TOMORROW, October 1st, for the field trip to
      the DRA Native American field trip. Here is the info again. Please let me
      know ASAP if you will be joining us. I have the following people already
      signed up:

      Me - 3 kids
      Amanda - 2 kids
      Lori - 4 kids
      Amy T. - 2 kids
      Beth - 1 kid
      Liz - 2 kids
      Phil - 2 kids

      Thanks! ~Lisa

      We have a date & time for this field trip. We will be attending on *Friday,
      October 8th from 1-3:30pm. * Cost is $3/student attending.

      If you have not already told me you are coming, I need to know *no later
      than October 1st*. Thank you!

      As a reminder:

      The Damariscotta River Association is very proud to be offering the Wabanaki
      Living Skills and Culture Program from October 4 through October 15 to area
      schools and groups in 2010! This fall, students are invited to come to
      Blackstone Point at the DRA farm to learn a variety of outdoor living skills
      in the tradition of Maine�s native people.

      Participants will engage in a variety of activities including
      building wigwams, digging groundnuts, scraping a deer hide, making cedar
      string and spoons from birch bark. Students will experience being
      outdoors and handling a variety of natural materials first-hand. Sarah
      Gladu, the DRA Education Director, is providing coordination and teaching of
      the program. This year we are very fortunate to have David Moses Bridges, of
      the Passamaquoddy tribe, teaching with us. David will teach students about
      native uses of birch bark and provide students with an opportunity to try
      etching their own birch bark design to take home. David builds traditional
      birch bark canoes with materials he
      gathers. One of these beautiful and functional canoes will be on display
      during the program.

      This year, David will also be building a birch bark covered wigwam in front
      of the DRA Heritage Center which will be available for students to view
      during the program.