LC Bates Program - CBC Co-Op Members

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
      For those who are attending the CBC Co-op this fall...

      I have set up a series of classes at LC Bates about Maine history. It will
      cover these topics (might not cover all but this is the base)...

      Maine History:
      MAINE�S PREHISTORIC TOOLS & NATIVE AMERICANS - Examine and use
      archaeological tools to learn about Maine�s
      prehistory, the hunter and gatherer culture, and the science of archaeology.
      Step Back Into A MAINE VILLAGE IN THE EARLY 1900�S - Through slides of black
      and white photos, visit the places and
      people of an early 1900�s village. See and try household tools, schoolwork,
      chores, toys, clothes, parasol and more.
      L.C, BATES MUSEUM AND BUILDING History and Architecture - Through slides,
      tour the Romanesque Revival
      L.C.Bates building to see its unique architectural features and learn about
      the building�s architect, William R. Miller.

      Cost is $10 per child for a series of five classes.

      They start THIS WEDNESDAY and will run the same Wednesday that we have co-op
      (every other week - we are following the regular MOPS schedule).

      Due to space, these classes are ONLY for those attending the CBC
      Homeschooling Co-op.

      Classes will begin at 1pm at LC Bates (it's on Route 201 heading towards
      Waterville on the Goodwill-Hinckley campus.)

    • Jenny Long
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
        Ty and I will be attending.  Thanks for the info.
        Jen

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
          jacelyn, age 6, will be at co~op this week and will attend the lc bates classes. Can allie, age 4 pre~K, attend the lc bates classes too? or are we too tight on space? or do they need to be in K? thank you for all of the organizing you do!
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2010
            I'll find out.

            Lisa