Workshop is TOMORROW! ;-)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2010
      Hey all! Just wanted to send out a quick reminder. Thanks to all who have
      pre-registered. I have 16 confirmed attendees and a few more who are hoping
      to make it. There is still plenty of room!

      Registration starts at 8am. Thanks to Amanda B. the room is all set up! The
      two of worked on that yesterday. I will be there by 7:30am so if anyone
      wants to arrive early for extra chatting time, feel free. Reminder - there
      is no cost to this workshop.

      We will have coffee (maybe even iced coffee - we'll see about what the
      weather does to us!) and water plus tea and probably ice tea for drinks.
      I've asked some to bring something to share. If you have the time and would
      like to do that, feel free. Breakfast type items and other snacks are
      appreciated.

      We will be looking at lapbooking and portfolio reviews. If you don't know
      what they are or don't even want to know what they are, I think you'll still
      find something useful in the talks. ;-) We'll also be covering
      "Homeschooling 101" type topics. Hopefully we'll have time to get all the
      questions answered. We'll end the day with a curriculum show & tell. Between
      just Amanda and I there is already a huge pile of stuff there and I didn't
      even bring all my books in! :-) This is still we've used and liked (or think
      we'll like...LOL). I love talking curriculum so this will be a fun time for
      me.

      We're only taking about 30 minutes for lunch so we're encouraging everyone
      to "brown bag" it. We'll be doing part of our talks while everyone is eating
      so no worries about rushing to eat.

      There is no child care. Nursing children are welcomed, but please make other
      arrangements for all other children. This will ensure everyone can hear the
      speaker. Um, that would be me. ;-)

      I'm really looking forward to tomorrow and I hope we have a fantastic time.
      See you all then!

      Lisa

      PS: I will have one vendor there. Mandy Bradeen and her daughters will be
      there and will do a presentation on Bob Jones University Press at the start
      of our curriculum show & tell.