Re: [CBChomeschoolersME] Homeschool Workshop @ Crossroads

  • his_7@myfairpoint.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2010
      I will be there, if I dont work will get in touch when I know my schedule

      Quoting Lisa Berry :

      It's that time of year again.....

      > *4th Annual Homeschooling Connections Workshop*
      > *Saturday, August 7th*
      > *8am - 3pm*
      > *Crossroads Bible Church, Madison*
      > *Cost: FREE*
      >
      > *Please Note:* There will be NO child care offered this year. Nursing
      > babies are welcome. Please make arrangements for all other children. This is
      > to ensure that all participants can hear the speakers without distraction.
      > Thank you!
      >
      > Topics this year will be:
      > **Portfolios: What are they exactly and what needs to be included? We'll
      > have examples to show!!! We'll also have a certified teacher explaining what
      > she looks for.
      > **Lapbooking: What is it and how can I add it in to my school day? Even
      > more examples.
      > **Homeschooling 101: Q&A time/Round Table discussion
      > **Curriculum Show & Tell - Some of us will be sharing our favorite
      > curriculum and WHY we love it so much
      >
      > Please bring a bag lunch.
      >
      > Snacks & Drinks will be provided. Door prizes will be given.
      >
      > While this is a free workshop, please register so that we can plan for
      > handouts. You can contact either Amanda Bolduc at bsbolduc@... or
      > Lisa Berry at luvtoskrap@... to do so.

      *Please spread the word!*

      > ***Please note***
      If you are interested in helping out in the fall with our homeschooling
      co-op and will be working directly with the children, we ask for you to stay
      after the conference ends. Our church has a policy in place to keep our
      children safe. All adults who work directly with children must complete our
      Child Protection Policy training which does include a back ground check.
      There is no cost to this training but you must have it in order to teach or
      help out with the co-op in the fall. Thank you!

      --
      Lisa [luvtoskrap@...]

    • Marcia Nelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2010