State House Tour & Camp Keyes

  • Amanda Bolduc
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2010
      I know there is still a faction of homeschoolers interested in attending the State House Tour. I was able to coordinate a 2nd tour for our group on the same day May 6th starting at 11:30. The cost will be the same $5.00 per person or $20 per family of 4 or more, for the tour. If you are interested in attending I will need to know soon in order to coordinate this tour. Before the tour, we will need to arrive between 11:00 - 11:15 AM to find our way around, take care of bathroom breaks, etc. The tour will begin at 11:30 AM, in the visitor's center at the State House. It's just off the main hallway at the visitor's desk, as you come in the main door of the State House. Tour should end by 12:30 PM.

      In addition to this tour, I have coordinated with Colonel/Pastor Val Vigue to provide a tour of the Armory and Camp Keyes National Guard facility in Augusta at 9:30 that same day. The tour will start at the Armory on Western Ave, we'll then proceed up the hill, view the tank and helicopter, climb through hummers and see the operations of the Maine National Guard.

      Also, there is a National Day of Prayer breakfast that morning at the Augusta Armory, which the Governor, General Libby and other VIPs attend. Paulie Heath will be singing at that event which begins at 7:00-7:30 AM. It costs approx. $7.00 per person.

      Please let me know if you are interested in both tours or just one. The breakfast is something people can do on their own.

      Thanks,
      Amanda

    • Jenny Long
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2010
        sign us up
        Thanks Amanda sounds great
        Jenny

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
          Eli and I would like to go on both tours. Thanks for coordinating this!
          Kimberly