Meeting Minutes - January 2008

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2008
      -Janice offered to put together a resource library. More details will
      be developed.

      -Janice also offered to help with creative writing if there is a
      need. Perhaps at some point we'll develop a co-op & that will work
      then. In the meantime, let her know if you'd like some help in that
      area.

      -Roberta tests her children yearly with the Iowa Test (can't remember
      the real name - sorry!). The cost is $45 for each child & Berta can
      administer that if need be. She does this in the spring.

      -A potential field trip that was discussed was visiting the new
      creation musuem in Bridgton, ME. http://www.dinopastor.com/
      Lisa will look in to possibly having him come to us rather than
      planning a trip to Bridgton.

      -A discussion was held on setting up a craft demo time. We would have
      a list of people who would be willing to come in & demo their craft
      for the kids. Potential ideas were: basket making, jewlery making,
      scrapbooking/card making, photography, macrame, hunting, fire safety,
      chess, karate. We'll continue to work on this.

      - Berta shared with us an Education Fair that is held in April at the
      Hartland Christian School. It is an all day event on a Saturday.
      Children put together presentations (think "science fair-like"). It
      is open to any homeschooler. Ages 5-8 will win prizes but no cash.
      Older children will win cash for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. She will get us
      the specifics on it once she hears more.

      -We came up the name CBC Homeschool Group. CBC not only stands for
      the church we meet at (and most attend at this point) Crossroads
      Bible Church it also stands for "Christians Building Character" which
      is what we all are doing with our children.

      -Our first kids meeting will be held on Monday, February 18th from 1-
      3pm. Bring your favorite board game. We'll spend time playing games
      together. We'll be meeting at the church.

      -Our next parents only support group meeting will be held on Tuesday,
      February 26th at 7pm at Crossroads Church.

      If I missed anything, please let me know!