Chewonki

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2013
      FYI - Trisha White it looking to set this up in Dover. Please email her  ASAP if you are interested (email is at the end). ~Lisa

      I would like to set up a couple of Traveling Natural History workshop with Chewonki.
      The program that I will be bringing is the Birds of Prey, details below:
      Birds of Prey: New England's Majestic Raptors
      1 hour (grade 3 – adult)
      photo
of red tailWhat are birds of prey? How do their survival techniques differ from species to species? This program compares and contrasts the special hunting adaptations of nocturnal and diurnal raptors, including their talons, their sharp, curved beaks, and their different wing and tail shapes. Students have the exciting opportunity to see three of our live, nonreleasable raptors. In addition to viewing these predators of the sky up close, participants also handle and examine feet, wing, and skull specimens to better understand these majestic birds.

      This will include 3 live birds, two owls and a hawk.

      The cost is going to be $8 per student if I can get 60 students, if I can get 60 students then the parents can sit quietly in the back of the room free of charge.
      If I don't get 60 students then I will not be able to generate enough funds to bring them here.
      I really need to know if there is enough interest to do this before the first week of October to secure a class and the sooner the better. I am looking at the first full week
      of November and there are only 4 dates available but they will fill fast I have been told.
      So, is this something that people want if so do not delay, let me know and I will get all the details worked out. The location will be at the community room on Morton Ave
      in Dover Foxcroft I will have two sessions both for the same age group. One will be at 11 and the second one will be for 1.

      Contact me asap off list at trishawhite@... or 207-717-7619, share this with your groups and lets see if we can get this pulled together, this is an awesome opportunity.
      Thanks,