Changes Made in RAPPS - clarification

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2013
      Hey all - I've been in contact with HSLDA about the changes made to RAPPS -
      namely the "required" subjects. I just heard back from Scott Wodruff about
      this issue today and wanted to pass along the information. The confusion
      came when the "required subjects" for Option 2 were changed. I (and many
      others) were confused as to whether this now meant we had to teach all the
      subjects listed every single year to every single student. That is not the
      case! Mr. Woodruff confirmed that those who are "Letter of Intent" students
      (i.e. Option 1) must teach the subjects as listed as this is part of Maine
      state law. However, those who fall under RAPPS (i.e. Option 2) are not
      required to teach every subject every year to every student. The "school"
      needs to make sure that these subjects are part of their curriculum and
      will be taught at some point over the course of study, but it is NOT law.
      RAPPS rules are set out by the Department of Education - NOT Maine state
      law! You can read the full article at HSLDA:
      http://www.hslda.org/hs/state/me/201308150.asp