Common Ground Fair

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2009
      Hey all - I just wanted to share that I will be going to the Common Ground
      Fair on Friday. If you bring a letter with your address on it & list out how
      many adults and children in your school - put on there somewhere you are a
      homeschooler - you get in free. I also found that they have added a new
      schedule to the "School Group Info" page at their site. It lists all the kid
      friendly exhibits on Friday. Here's a link to that page:
      http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/GeneralInformation/SchoolGroupInfo/tabid/524/Default.aspx#schedule

      <http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/GeneralInformation/SchoolGroupInfo/tabid/524/Default.aspx#schedule>Cell
      phones won't work at the fair - just a heads up. If you plan to meet up with
      folks, set up a time & spot or bring walkie-talkies. My sister & I never did
      find each other last year - there are A LOT of people there!

      Have fun!

      --
      Lisa [luvtoskrap@...]

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 25, 2010
        Just a reminder that the Common Ground Fair is coming up. It starts on
        Friday, September 24th. The gates open at 9am. Friday is free admission for
        school groups. Homeschoolers qualify. You simply need to bring a copy of
        your letter of intent. Don't have one? Type up a letter with your name and
        address on it and state you homeschool. List the number of adults and
        children. You'll be good to go.

        There are A LOT of people and last year I struggled at times to push a
        double stroller. It's fun though and best of all....NO FAIRWAY! ;-) My kids
        had a blast last year in the children's area and sliding down the hill on
        cardboard. It is very much an old-fashioned country fair. There are some
        "new agey" things there - just a heads up. ;-)

        I'm not sure if we'll be going this year or not, but I wanted to pass along
        the information. Here's the link to their website with info for school
        groups:

        http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/GeneralInformation/SchoolGroupInfo/tabid/524/Default.aspx

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2013
          Hey all- wanted to let everyone know about the Common Ground Fair. It's an
          old fashioned agricultural fair held in Unity. Friday - opening day - is
          also Educational Day. If you bring a letter with your address on it and
          list the number of students/teachers you get in for free. :-) There is even
          a form you can fill out after the fair and you can get reimbursed for
          mileage ($0.25/mile).

          Here is the link with the information.
          http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/GeneralInformation/SchoolGroupInfo/tabid/524/Default.aspx

          BTW - I love this fair. There are a TON of people there, but it's lots of
          fun. There is a huge children's area with all kinds of hands-on-things to
          do. There will be a ton of school buses there, but I've found that by
          getting there at opening (9am), I can get free parking, get in free, deal
          with TONS of kids for a few hours, but they all leave after lunch. :-)
          There is still a TON of people there, but it's worth it - in my
          oh-so-humble-opinion.

          They just added something new I noticed - in order to get in free, you must
          enter before noon. If you come after that time, you'll have to go through
          the main gate & pay admission.