Planetarium Trip is SCHEDULED! :-)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2012
      Hey all! I have scheduled the trip to the Southworth Planetarium just
      today. Yeah!

      The trip will be held on *Friday, June 1st*. It starts promptly at 1pm. We
      will start on time, so please plan accordingly. We will be doing two shows
      back-to-back plus they will do a "tour of the night sky" as well. Total
      show time will be about 1-1/2 hours.

      *Cost is $6.50 per person.* To make it easier for all, *please plan to pay
      me IN ADVANCE*. I will take a check if that's easier. Since the show is set
      for Friday, June 1st, please have payment to me no later than *Sunday, May
      27th.*
      *
      *
      Please let me know how many are coming for each family. I told him I
      expected about 30, but we have no real limit on numbers as far as I know.

      So what shows are we doing??

      The first is called "Rusty Rocket's Last Blast" and is designed for the
      younger crowd (ages 4-7). The little blurb says this: "Do you want to know
      more about the Solar System? Follow Rusty Rocket as he blasts off into
      outer space and learns about the planets and the dangers of space travel."

      The second one is a "full dome show" which is as close to an IMAX as they
      can do. He mentioned it was "a full sensory experience." The show is called
      "Ibex" - "A spacecraft surveys the outer solar system by capturing and
      analyzing ENA particles emitted from it. Experience the full dome show
      that encompasses your entire view. An audio-visual experience like no
      other."

      If this goes well, I'm open to doing another trip in the fall.

      And the best part....it's very close to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. ;-)

    • Amanda Bolduc
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2012
        Brayden and Sydney will attend

      • his_7@myfairpoint.net