Geography/GPS Class

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2012
      Hey all just a reminder about the GPS Class. I still have 12 slots open.

      Hey all! I have a group of UMF students willing to come to the church to
      teach the kids how to use GPS units. THERE IS A CAP on how many we can
      have. *THAT CAP IS 20!!!* *So this is going to be first come, first serve
      for sign-ups.*

      I will take ALL interested and add those who miss the sign-up to a waiting
      list. So if you are unable to make the class, once you get a spot, please
      let me know so someone else can join us.

      *The class will be held on FRIDAY, April 27th. It will be held from
      9:30-11am.*

      They will be bringing about 5 GPS units with them - the kids will have to
      share. IF YOU HAVE your own GPS unit (not the type used in a car, but a
      hand-held Garmin type), please let me know!

      Again - 20 kids MAX.

      I am asking for $1/child to help off-set the cost of gas for the group
      coming to teach. THANKS!

      I have also been working with Sue Lahti from the Geographic Alliance. We
      have set up two programs that we'll be running back to back. The date
      is *Thursday,
      May 10th*. We'll be starting at 9:30.

      Class #1 is "Cinderella" stories from around the world. She will be using
      these to help talk about geography.

      Class #2 will be taught by yours truly (so we can run them at the same
      time) and I'll be using a large map 14x15 feet to teach about different
      geography things.

      The classes will start at 9:30am. We'll run the first set from 9:30-11am.
      Then we'll break for lunch - about 45 minutes. Then we'll swap out classes
      and do them again with the other kids.

      Again - please sign-up. This class is FREE! ;-) We'd like to keep it to
      about 20 kids in each class so there is room for 40 total. Let me know if
      you are interested. :-)

    • Monica Bertone
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2012
        I can't remember if I responded already, been a long week. :)

        Hunter, Rachel, and Sage would like to attend the GPS Class, and the Other one on May 10th please. :) Thanks!

        Have a wonderful day,

        Monica Bertone

        Blog: 3 Crazy Monkey's
        Blog: The Monkey School

        Twitter: @the3kidsandme

      • Jenny Long
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2012
          Please count Ty in! For both GPS and May 10th. I think they will both work for us!
          Thanks!