Waterville Opera House

    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 2, 2012
      The Waterville Opera House will be opening again soon and will once again
      be offering educational programs for kids. I was just checking out the
      upcoming shows.

      Tickets are $4 each. I'm looking at doing the programs in April & May
      (possibly March). I'm going to just link to the page with the show info. If
      you are interested, please let me know and I'll see about reserving a block
      of seats for us.

      http://operahouse.org/ARTSEDUCATION/SchoolShows.aspx

    • Jenny Long
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 2, 2012
        sounds good let me know!

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 3, 2012
          We would love to attend all three! 4 for each show (1 adult, 3 kids if that matters.)

          Thanks! Laura

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 20, 2012
            *KinderKonzert: The Story of Abbie Burgess
            Presented by Portland Symphony Orchestra
            *April 13, 2012 at 9:30am and noon
            Main Stage

            This new composition by Delvyn Chase tells the true story of Abbie Burgess,
            painting a musical portrait of a raging storm and the brave young girl who
            kept the lighthouse burning despite all odds. Featuring a string quintet
            and a narrator to help guide the audience through the story.

            *Skippyjon Jones
            Presented by TheatreWorks USA
            *May 2, 2012 at 9:30am and noon
            Main Stage

            Skippyjon Jones is a little kitten with big ears and even bigger dreams!
            Sometimes he pretends to be a bird, sometimes he pretends to be a llama,
            and sometimes he pretends to be a whale�anything BUT a Siamese cat! Based
            on the book by Judy Schachner, Skippyon Jones is an enchanting musical
            about unleashing your powerful imagination and following your dreams.

            These are the two available school shows. I will be signing us up for BOTH
            of them NOW. Seats are typically first-come, first-serve, but typically
            homeschoolers are in the balcony. Please read the descriptions above and
            let me know....

            1. Which show you what to attend - one or both.
            2. How many children AND adults that will be attending each one.
            3. If either time works. I'm planning to request the noon shows but if we
            need to do earlier and that won't work for you, please let me know.

            Because of the reserve seating of these shows, I would like to request
            payment in advance. I will be paying for the shows out of pocket. Cost is
            $4/person (child or adult).

            Let me know if you have any questions.

          • Amanda Bolduc
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 20, 2012
              Lisa, We will attend the KinderKonzert April 13th but not the May 2nd show (we'll be away).
              I personally prefer the noon show, that way we're not rushed in the morning.

              Attendees: Sydney, Brayden, Amanda, Cathy (my mom) and baby Ellie

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 20, 2012
                I would like 3 for both please, Lisa. Isaiah, Deetra and myself;) thank
                you!

                On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Lisa Berry <luvtoskrap@...> wrote:

                > *KinderKonzert: The Story of Abbie Burgess
                > Presented by Portland Symphony Orchestra
                > *April 13, 2012 at 9:30am and noon
                > Main Stage
                >
                > This new composition by Delvyn Chase tells the true story of Abbie Burgess,
                > painting a musical portrait of a raging storm and the brave young girl who
                > kept the lighthouse burning despite all odds. Featuring a string quintet
                > and a narrator to help guide the audience through the story.
                >
                > *Skippyjon Jones
                > Presented by TheatreWorks USA
                > *May 2, 2012 at 9:30am and noon
                > Main Stage
                >
                > Skippyjon Jones is a little kitten with big ears and even bigger dreams!
                > Sometimes he pretends to be a bird, sometimes he pretends to be a llama,
                > and sometimes he pretends to be a whale�anything BUT a Siamese cat! Based
                > on the book by Judy Schachner, Skippyon Jones is an enchanting musical
                > about unleashing your powerful imagination and following your dreams.
                >

                > These are the two available school shows. I will be signing us up for BOTH
                > of them NOW. Seats are typically first-come, first-serve, but typically
                > homeschoolers are in the balcony. Please read the descriptions above and
                > let me know....
                >
                > 1. Which show you what to attend - one or both.
                > 2. How many children AND adults that will be attending each one.
                > 3. If either time works. I'm planning to request the noon shows but if we
                > need to do earlier and that won't work for you, please let me know.
                >
                > Because of the reserve seating of these shows, I would like to request
                > payment in advance. I will be paying for the shows out of pocket. Cost is
                > $4/person (child or adult).

                > Lisa B.
                > [luvtoskrap@...]

              • Laura Haley
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 21, 2012
                  Please include 3 kiddos and 1 adult for both shows. Thanks! ~laura

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 21, 2012
                    I forgot to mention....I would like to have this mailed in to reserve our
                    seats NO LATER than Monday. So please let me know by March 25th if you want
                    to attend. THANKS! After that, I can't be sure you'll get a spot with us.
                    THANKS!

                    Oh & the overwhelming response has been for the noon show so that is what I
                    will be reserving for. If that changes you coming, please let me know. If
                    that makes it easier to come, please let me know. ;-)

                    Lisa

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 28, 2012
                      If you want to come to either of these shows, PLEASE let me know no later
                      than THIS FRIDAY, March 30th. If you tell me you are coming, then I will
                      assume you have committed to going and will expect payment PRIOR to the
                      show. I will be submitting payment on Monday. If you find you can't make
                      it, you will need to either find someone to take your spot or pay for your
                      spot anyway. Thanks for understanding!

                      You can either pay me at church or mail payment to:

                      Lisa Berry
                      625 Moulton Road
                      Embden, Me 04958

                      :-)

                      ~Lisa

                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 2, 2012
                        It may be too late and I underwstand but if not I would like to sign
                        2 kids 1 adult

                        Message 11 of 24 , Sep 8, 2014
                          I just received a mailing for this year's school shows for the Waterville Opera House and wanted to share. The info on their website hasn't caught up yet.

                          October 3rd - The Lightning Thief ($3/person)
                          9:30am OR Noon
                          Recommended for grades 2-6
                          Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of a boarding school...again.  And that's the least of his troubles.  Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life.  And worse, he's angered a few of them.  Zeus' master lightening bolt has been stolen and Percy is the prime suspect.

                          October 21st - Shakespeare's MacBeth (Theater at Monmouth is presenting)
                          9:30am (only)
                          Recommended for grades 9-12
                          $1/person

                          December 1st - Curious George ($3/person)
                          9:30am (only)
                          Recommended for grades K-5
                          Join the inquisitive, lovable little monkey Curious George, in this delightful new musical. All-You-Can-Eat Meatball Day came just once a year. George has been waiting all month for that day, a day almost bigger than his birthday! On Meatball Day, George helped his friend Chef Pisghetti cook some delicious meatballs, and serve them to the hungry crowd. But this year, the crowd had vanished! Something was keeping people away. Something pretty big.

                          April 17th - Miss Nelson is Missing! ($3/person)
                          9:30am OR Noon
                          Recommended for grades K-5
                          The students in Room 207 were the worst-behaved class in the whole school: spitballs stuck to the ceiling; paper airplanes whizzing through the air - even though they had the sweetest teacher of all, Miss Nelson. But when Miss Nelson unexpectedly does not come to school one day, the class gets the strictest substitute they have ever met: Miss Viola Swamp! The search is on for Miss Nelson, who seems to have vanished. A lighthearted musical.

                          You do have to reserve seats. If you go as a group, you can get one free chaperone ticket for every 5 paid students. You do need to pay in advance. Since their website isn't updated, I would recommend calling them at 873-7000. Shows fill very quickly by schools so if you are thinking of going, call and reserve your seats soon. You can reserve for the year if you want to go to all four shows. Just give them your name. They will not send you tickets. When you arrive the day of the show, they will have a master list of everyone coming. Just give them the name you reserved under and they will show you to your seats.