Re: [CBChomeschoolersME] Upcoming Tanglewood Class

  • Aimee Gagnon
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 14, 2011
      I would really like to have Titus be involved in this. When do you need the
      money? Aimee Gagnon

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 14, 2011
        Money will be due the day of the class. However, the cost is based on the
        number of kids who sign up. So I am asking that if you reserve a spot to
        please be there barring illness of course. Hope that helps with planning.
        :-)

      • Judiann King
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 15, 2011
          Hello Lisa,
          Please count Addison in on this great adventure!
          Thanks,
          Judiann

          On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Lisa Berry <luvtoskrap@...> wrote:

          > Hi all! I know the holiday rush is upon everyone, but I wanted to get this
          > out now so you can start planning.
          >
          > Our 4H group is again hosting a class by Tanglewood. Tanglewood is the
          > nature camp for 4H'ers. They have an outreach program and we will be having
          > them come to Crossroads in January, February, and March to host classes for
          > us.
          >
          > The next class will be held on *Wednesday, January 4th at 9:30am. *Yes,
          > this is a MOPS day but we set it up like this for a reason (and with
          > permission). This will allow all the older homeschool children to
          > participate and not make the moms with said children stay later in the
          > afternoon. We understand how precious naptime can be with little ones! :-)
          >
          > The cost is $4/child. MOPS moms....please let me know (or Jen Frey) if this
          > will be an issue. We will try to make arrangements for ALL MOPS kids to
          > participate regardless of cost but we do need to know ahead of time.
          >
          > I am now taking registration for the January 4th class. It will be on BATS!
          >
          > *The Secret Life of Bats *(1st- 6th grade)
          > This upbeat, hands-on program teaches students about the bats that are
          > found in Maine, how they benefit the ecosystem and provides students with
          > cool bat facts to share with friends and family.
          >
          > Right now we are only planning for one session with 24 kid participating.
          > If we have more than that sign-up, we'll be added a second session most
          > likely to follow shortly after the first one ends.
          >
          > When you sign up, please let me know how many children you are signing up
          > as well as name and age. Thanks! (Older/younger siblings are welcome to
          > attend as well - for the same cost.)
          >
          > And save the dates......
          >
          > *February 8th @ 9:30* - *Winter Ecology *(K- 5th grade)
          > Discover how plants and animals survive the extreme challenges of Maine�s
          > winters. Depending on the age of the students, activities may include *
          > snowshoeing,* animal tracking, shelter building, snow experiments, stories
          > and puppet shows.
          >
          > *March 28th @ 9:30 - **Spring Connections *(K- 5th grade)
          > Explore nature as it reawakens, focusing on forest ecology, the importance
          > of wildlife habitats and the interconnections between all species.
          >
          > --
          > Lisa B.
          > [luvtoskrap@...]

          Judiann King
          On Site Area Representative
          Weight Watchers of Maine
          207/474-8302

        • Misty Simoneau
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 15, 2011
            Thank you Lisa. Please sign Isaiah up.

            Misty

            On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:56 AM, Judiann King <lbswatchers@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > attend as well - for the same cost.)
            > >
            > > And save the dates......
            > >
            > > *February 8th @ 9:30* - *Winter Ecology *(K- 5th grade)
            > > Discover how plants and animals survive the extreme challenges of Maine�s
            > > winters. Depending on the age of the students, activities may include *
            > > snowshoeing,* animal tracking, shelter building, snow experiments,
            > stories
            > > and puppet shows.
            > >
            > > *March 28th @ 9:30 - **Spring Connections *(K- 5th grade)
            > > Explore nature as it reawakens, focusing on forest ecology, the
            > importance
            > > of wildlife habitats and the interconnections between all species.
            > >
            > > --
            > > Lisa B.
            > > [luvtoskrap@...]
            > > "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

          • Aimee Gagnon
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 15, 2011
              It would just be Titus. Thank you. Aimee

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 20, 2012
                Hey all - I just realized today that next week is our last Tanglewood
                class! I'm now taking sign-ups. Once again it will be held on Wednesday,
                March 28th at 9:30 (during MOPS). It will last 1-1/2 hours so should be
                ending when MOPS finishes up at 11am.

                This is the little blurb from their website about the class:

                *Spring Connections *(K- 5th grade)
                Explore nature as it reawakens, focusing on forest ecology, the importance
                of wildlife habitats and the interconnections between all species.

                Cost is the same - $4/child. Please try to have exact change for me.
                Alternatively you can write a check. Just make it out to "Tanglewood 4H."

                We will meet downstairs under the gym for the first part but I'm thinking
                we'll be outside for a lot of this. I need to touch base with Leah about
                what the class will entail. I'll pass that along once I hear from her.

              • Gwynne Dunphy

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 20, 2012
                    Count on Brayden & Sydney.
                    Thanks Lisa

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 20, 2012
                      Please plan on Isaiah. thanks

                      On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Amanda Bolduc <bsbolduc@...> wrote:

                      > **
                      >

                      > Count on Brayden & Sydney.
                      > Thanks Lisa
                      >
                      > ________________________________

                    • Amy Gaudette
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 20, 2012
                        Thanks Lisa, count Hannah in.

                        On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Lisa Berry <luvtoskrap@...> wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Hey all - I just realized today that next week is our last Tanglewood
                        > class! I'm now taking sign-ups. Once again it will be held on Wednesday,
                        > March 28th at 9:30 (during MOPS). It will last 1-1/2 hours so should be
                        > ending when MOPS finishes up at 11am.
                        >
                        > This is the little blurb from their website about the class:
                        >
                        > *Spring Connections *(K- 5th grade)
                        > Explore nature as it reawakens, focusing on forest ecology, the importance
                        > of wildlife habitats and the interconnections between all species.
                        >
                        > Cost is the same - $4/child. Please try to have exact change for me.
                        > Alternatively you can write a check. Just make it out to "Tanglewood 4H."
                        >
                        > We will meet downstairs under the gym for the first part but I'm thinking
                        > we'll be outside for a lot of this. I need to touch base with Leah about
                        > what the class will entail. I'll pass that along once I hear from her.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Lisa B.
                        > [luvtoskrap@...]

                      • Aimee Gagnon
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 21, 2012
                          Titus will be a maybe. Depends on how i'm feeling with taking baby Anna
                          out. I'll let you know the closer we get to it. Thanks, Aimee

                          On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Amy Gaudette <jayamyha@...> wrote:

                          > Thanks Lisa, count Hannah in.
                          >
                          > On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Lisa Berry <luvtoskrap@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > **
                          > >

                          > > Hey all - I just realized today that next week is our last Tanglewood
                          > > class! I'm now taking sign-ups. Once again it will be held on Wednesday,
                          > > March 28th at 9:30 (during MOPS). It will last 1-1/2 hours so should be
                          > > ending when MOPS finishes up at 11am.
                          > >
                          > > This is the little blurb from their website about the class:
                          > >
                          > > *Spring Connections *(K- 5th grade)
                          > > Explore nature as it reawakens, focusing on forest ecology, the
                          > importance
                          > > of wildlife habitats and the interconnections between all species.
                          > >
                          > > Cost is the same - $4/child. Please try to have exact change for me.
                          > > Alternatively you can write a check. Just make it out to "Tanglewood 4H."
                          > >
                          > > We will meet downstairs under the gym for the first part but I'm thinking
                          > > we'll be outside for a lot of this. I need to touch base with Leah about
                          > > what the class will entail. I'll pass that along once I hear from her.
                          > >
                          > > --
                          > > Lisa B.
                          > > [luvtoskrap@...]
                          > > "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
                          > > My Family blog: http://maineberrypatch.blogspot.com/
                          > > My Homeschool Planner blog: http://mainefreedomacademy.blogspot.com/

                        • SUE BROOKS
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 23, 2012
                            Lisa, Please sign Grace up for the class. thank-you  Sue