Upcoming Events

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 12, 2011
      Just thought I'd send out a reminder of what's going on in the month of
      September. ;-)

      This Wednesday, September 14th, is Bug-Mania at the Maine State Museum from
      9am to 3pm. I did learn today (thanks, Monica!!!) that half the parking lot
      is torn up so parking is going to be TIGHT! It will also be busy with school
      groups in the morning so plan the best you can. You can find more info
      here<http://www.mainestatemuseum.org/learn/bug_maine-ia_and_maine_earth_science_day/>(and
      put it on your calendar now....Maine Earth Science Day will be at the
      Maine State Museum on October 19th!)

      This Saturday & Sunday, September 17th-18th, there will be a Revolutionary
      War Re-Enactment at Leonard's Mills in Bradley. More info can be found on
      their website <http://www.leonardsmills.com/events.html>. I also HIGHLY
      recommend their Living History Days (October 1st & 2nd) as a "must see" if
      you can afford the drive. We went last year and I really hope to get up
      there again this year. It was a lot of fun and lots of things to see and do.

      If you signed up for the Agricultural Days at the Farmington Fair - that is
      on Monday, September 19th. The deadline has already passed to sign up.

      The Common Ground Fair's Educational Day is Friday, September 23rd. Follow
      their instructions on THIS
      PAGE<http://www.mofga.org/TheFair/GeneralInformation/SchoolGroupInfo/tabid/524/Default.aspx>and
      you can get in for free! They will also reimburse you $0.25/mile you
      drive - more info on the site about that as well. This is a really fun,
      old-fashioned type fair. We really enjoy it. I enjoy the fact that there is
      NO mid-way to contend with!!! ;-) And yes, it IS busy...."In 2009, over
      4,600 Maine school children made a school trip to Common Ground on Friday of
      the Fair." Needless to say, things quiet a bit after lunch. ;-) I typically
      pack a picnic. We get there when it opens. Walk around for a bit. Eat lunch.
      Hit the kid-friendly areas. ;-)

      Hope you are all having a great "back-to-school" time.

      Oh - one last reminder!!!!

      Monday, September 19th at 6pm I will be hosting a "Homeschool Moms (and
      Dads) Support Group." No kids - adult-time only. It will be at Crossroads
      Bible Church. We will meet in the classroom area under the gym. This will
      meet at about the same time as Youth Group at the church. Our focus this
      month will be - SCHEDULES. So if you have something you love, bring it to
      share. If you need some help figuring out what will work, bring your
      questions! Hope to see lots of you then!

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2011
        I forgot one! Sorry for the double posts on this.....

        Donn Fendler - "Lost on a Mountain In Maine" author - will be at the Cole-Land
        Transportation Museum in Bangor <http://www.colemuseum.org/events.php> on
        Saturday, September 17th (THIS Saturday) starting at 11am. Children get in
        free. He will be there from 11-12:45 signing books and then will speak about
        his experience beginning at 1pm.