Announcing Homeschool Day at the Park! Sept. 1st, 10 - 11:30 am

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2009
      A friend is planning this. I thought some of you might be interested. I'm
      planning to be there. If you need directions, let me know.
      ~Lisa

      *************************

      Homeschool Day at the Park! Sept. 1st, 10 - 11:30 am

      In honor of going "back to school", we are celebrating in a great
      homeschooling way - with a trip to the Kingfield Town Park!

      Wanted to provide a chance for kids to play and moms to visit!

      Bring your own if you want to have them:
      water bottles
      lawn chairs
      outdoor games to share
      sunhats/sunscreen

      There is nice new playgound equipment and a new basketball court.
      We also have permission to use the bathroom at the town hall for this event.
      (Great news for those of us with toddlers!)

      We are NOT planning on having food at this event. Feel free to stay and
      picnic afterward, if it suits you!

      Hope to see you on Tuesday! (The park is directly behind the Stanley
      Museum.)

      Kathy

      Lisa in ME [luvtoskrap@...]

    • Sarah Cook
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29, 2009
        Sounds great!! Jacob and I will be there!!

        Sarah

        To: CBChomeschoolersME@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 30, 2009
          Looking forward to meeting you guys! I'll be there with Eli and Colby. I'm assuming that since Kingfield isn't a large city it should be fairly easy to find??
          Kimberly

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 30, 2009
            It is easy to find, but for those coming from Madison/North Anson, Route 16
            is closed all the way through to Kingfield due to a bridge repair. The
            easiest way (I have found) to get there takes some backtracking but it
            works. It's the way I drove when we went up for VBS.
            Take Route 16 out of North Anson (in other words - ignore the "road closed"
            signs & big orange detour signs)
            Once you go down a large hill (called Craign Hill) - you will see lots of
            fields on the left. The river will come in to view. Take the next LEFT -
            Katie Crotch Road (and no, I didn't make that up).
            Follow that to the end (nice & winding & follows the river).
            At the stop sign, take a hard right up the little hill.
            Follow this road to the end. At the stop sign you have to take a left. Peak
            right to see the bridge repair.
            You are back on Route 16 - follow this all the way in to Kingfield.
            You take a left across the bridge in to Kingfield.
            At the stop sign (next to Anni's Market/Store), take a left on to Route 27.
            Follow this like you are going out of town.
            Take a right on to School Street.
            Follow this up & around & you will see an old brick elementary school just
            past the town office.
            Take a left on to the street just after the school & you will see the
            playground just behind it.

            If that is way too confusing, I'm willing to drive in to North Anson to meet
            folks coming from the Madison & beyond area.

            Lisa

            On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:59 PM, kscme <kscme@...> wrote:

            > Looking forward to meeting you guys! I'll be there with Eli and Colby.
            > I'm assuming that since Kingfield isn't a large city it should be fairly
            > easy to find??
            > Kimberly
            > --- In CBChomeschoolersME@yahoogroups.com, Sarah Cook <pandabear311@...>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > Sounds great!! Jacob and I will be there!!
            > >

            > > Sarah

            > > To: CBChomeschoolersME@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: luvtoskrap@...
            > > Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:01:54 -0400
            > > Subject: [CBChomeschoolersME] Announcing Homeschool Day at the Park!
            > Sept. 1st, 10 - 11:30 am
            > >

            > > A friend is planning this. I thought some of you might be interested. I'm
            > > planning to be there. If you need directions, let me know.
            > > ~Lisa
            > >
            > > *************************
            > >
            > > Homeschool Day at the Park! Sept. 1st, 10 - 11:30 am
            > >
            > > In honor of going "back to school", we are celebrating in a great
            > > homeschooling way - with a trip to the Kingfield Town Park!
            > >
            > > Wanted to provide a chance for kids to play and moms to visit!
            > >
            > > Bring your own if you want to have them:
            > > water bottles
            > > lawn chairs
            > > outdoor games to share
            > > sunhats/sunscreen
            > >
            > > There is nice new playgound equipment and a new basketball court.
            > > We also have permission to use the bathroom at the town hall for this
            > event.
            > > (Great news for those of us with toddlers!)
            > >
            > > We are NOT planning on having food at this event. Feel free to stay and
            > > picnic afterward, if it suits you!
            > >
            > > Hope to see you on Tuesday! (The park is directly behind the Stanley
            > > Museum.)
            > >
            > > Kathy

            > > --
            > > Lisa in ME [luvtoskrap@...]
            > > "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
            > > My Family blog: http://maineberrypatch.blogspot.com/
            > > My Homeschool Planner blog: http://mainefreedomacademy.blogspot.com/

            Lisa in ME [luvtoskrap@...]

          • Vicki Merrill
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
              We took 234 (the left just before the Rt. 16 turn) when we visited Dana in Kibby a few weeks ago. It runs parallel to 16 and comes out on 27. Take a right, and follow the same directions from Anni's Market.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 31, 2009
                I think I can find it! See you tomorrow.