1823Maine Studies - The Year of Jubilo

  • singleparenthomeschool
    Jul 25, 2014

      For the last couple of years I've been wanting to teach a unit study around the book The Year of Jubilo by Ruth Sawyer.  For various reasons it hasn't worked out.  I'm again revisiting the idea.  It is open to anyone who is interested, but would probably be of the greatest interest to families with girls 11 - 15, who live in the mid-coast (Rockland - Belfast) area, who need to do Maine Studies but want something that is not a traditional text/workbook.

      The class would run for 13 -18 weeks, covering one chapter of the book each week.  We could meet at my house in Camden.  Those who are outside the area, we could include via Google Hangout (like Skype).

      I will be covering all areas of the curriculum at various points through the study.

      The cost of the class would be $30 plus your book.  The book is out of print, but can be borrowed from local libraries and purchased on line through various distributors.  Buyer beware - you should not spend over $20 for a copy.  I just saw it listed in a couple places for over $100.

      If you are interested, please let me know by Friday, July 1.  I would like to begin the class the week of August 25th.  I haven't decided on a day and time yet - as that will depend on the availability of interested families.

      Raylene Hunt

      maggieraye@...

      207.763-2943