1821Portland History Day

    Jul 17 8:09 AM
       I will only be accepting folks to this trip through the weekend. I'll be locking the forms on Monday morning. We are reaching capacity on the Wadsworth Day will will affect Tate House. So if you want to sign up, please do so soon! Thanks!

      Here are the details once more:

      A full historical day in Portland!

      Mark your calendar for Friday, September 5th. The first stop is the Tate House.
      http://www.tatehouse.org/

      The tour will begin at 10am and last about two hours. Please plan to arrive by 9:30 so that I can ensure everyone is there.

      The cost is $5 per child for all children age 5 and up. All adults are free. I am limiting this to 40 students (not counting younger siblings/adults).
      Sign up & pre-payment needs to be made no later than August 29th.

      We will be splitting in to groups of 20. One group will begin doing a tour of the home. The other group will be doing a hands-on activity called The Tate Family Trunk. More details about both activities can be found on the website link above.

      This tour should end around noon. Lunch will be on your own.

      The next part of the day will start at 1:30 at the Wadsworth-Longfellow House in Portland. You will want to leave some time to find parking. Please plan to arrive at the Wadsworth-Longfellow Home no later than 1:15 so that we can be ready to go and break in to our groups for the tour.

      The cost of this tour is $3 per person no matter the age. Sign up and pre-payment must be made no later than August 5th (per the museum's request).

      We will have a two part tour. The first part will be of the Wadsworth-Longfellow House. We will be splitting in to small groups of 10-12 and given a guided tour of the house.

      We will then have a 15 minute break before breaking in to two larger groups and going out on the Urban Expedition. This will be a walking tour of the city of Portland. Some of the things that will be discussed are the War of 1812, the Bombardment of 1775 and the Great Fire of 1876.

      Link with more info: http://www.mainehistory.org/edu_current.shtml

      TO SIGN UP: PLEASE use the Google Documents I created. You do NOT have to do ALL the tours. You can chose to do one or all. Just be sure to sign up for all you wish to attend.

      Once the limit is reached, I will lock the form so you can no longer sign up.

      Once you sign up, I will email you with payment information. All tours will need to be pre-paid.

      To sign up for the Tate House, go HERE - http://bit.ly/1sHPBWL

      To sign up for the Wadsworth-Longfellow House, go HERE -http://bit.ly/1qRsDwV

      If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!