1791Homeschooling Open House & Portfolio Reviews

    May 19, 2014

      Hi all! I just wanted to let folks know that I am hosting a homeschooling open house at my home located in Jay, ME. I'm a veteran homeschool mom (finishing up my 11th year).

      Sarah Cook (a fellow homeschool mom who is also a certified Maine teacher) will be available throughout the day to do portfolio reviews. Just email me (address in my signature line) to set up a time slot. The cost is $20 for the first child and $15 for each child thereafter.

      I will have light refreshments available as well as coffee, tea, and water. Please bring a bag lunch if you'll be visiting around lunchtime though.

      **You do not need to come just for a portfolio review! This is just a fun way to visit, meet, and enjoy sharing our journeys together!***

      I have plenty of green space for the kids to play outside so feel free to bring them. We do have a small brook nearby as well - within site of my home, a play structure, and a sandbox. :-) I also have plenty of room for moms (and dads!) to sit and chat, share stories, and just encourage each other.

      I'll have some of my tried and true curriculum out for folks to look at. I love talking curriculum and have tried many over the years as I was a curriculum reviewer for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine for three years. If you have a favorite that you want to share about, feel free to bring it along to show off.

      Along with all of the above, I will also have information about getting started so feel free to share this info with any friends who might be considering the venture.

      ***I will also be giving away a video by Lee Binz - The HomeScholar. It's called "Preparing to Homeschool High School (2nd edition). ***

      If you are interested in coming, please email me and I will be happy to send directions. And if you are interested in a portfolio review, please let me know so I can make sure we have a time slot(s)! :-)

      Lisa B.
      [luvtoskrap AT gmail DOT com]