1721Fwd: Fw: [MaineHomeschooling] Revolutionary War Field Trip

    Jan 30, 2014
      Passing this along. Please contact, Nancy directly ASAP if you are interested in attending.

      ~Lisa B.

      On Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:01 AM, Nancy Grigg <bnkgrigg@...> wrote:

      Hi all!  Still looking for a few more families to join us on a bus trip from Bridgton, ME to Concord/Lexington/Boston, MA from Monday, April 14th through Wednesday, April 16th to study the Revolutionary War.

      Need to know by tomorrow, or I may need to cancel the trip for lack of filling the bus (I am not putting a deposit on a bus without knowing it will have enough people to make it cost effective).

      Please see information below.  If you have any questions about the trip, please let me know, and let me know right away if you are interested.

      Thank you!  Nancy Grigg

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Nancy Grigg <bnkgrigg@...>
      Date: January 18, 2014 5:11:12 PM EST
      To: bnkgrigg@...
      Subject: Revolutionary War Field Trip

      Hi!  Looking for a few more families to join us on a bus trip from Bridgton, ME to Concord/Lexington/Boston, MA from Monday, April 14th through Wednesday, April 16th to study the Revolutionary War.

      Itinerary:
      Monday - Lexington Battle Green, Minute Man National Historical Park (for a program on Rebels, Redcoats, and Homespun Heroes), self guided tour of the North Bridge, and a program at the Concord Museum (Revolutionary War connections).
      Meals:  Pack breakfast and lunch, dinner at a restaurant.

      Tuesday - Freedom Trail Walking Tour in Boston, visits to the Od State House, Old South Meeting House, Paul Revere House, and Old North Church, then onto the Bunker Hill Monument and/or the USS Constitution.
      Meals:  Breakfast included at hotel, lunch at Fanueil Hall, dinner at restaurant.

      Wednesday - Museum of Science and a Duck Tour (optional).
      Meals:  Breakfast included at hotel, lunch at Museum of Science (or restaurant around there), dinner on way back to Maine.

      If you are interested I can send you more information about the hotel and activities (there is some below).  Need to know by the end of January so details can be arranged.  This will be on a first come, first served basis.

      Thank you!  Nancy Grigg

      We need a few more families to fill the bus.  If we have 47 people ride the bus, it will cost $43.00 (plus a $6 tip) per person.  If we have 55 people ride the bus, it will cost $37.00 (plus a $6 tip) per person.  This covers the cost of all 3 days.  NEED TO KNOW by January 27th so the bus can be reserved.

      We would be staying at a hotel on the north shore (least expensive around Boston).  For a room with 2 double beds it would cost $83.78 (includes tax) per night ($167.56 for 2 nights), plus tip.  A cot may be available for an additional person at $10 per night.  The price includes a hot breakfast.  Each room has a refrigerator, microwave, and Wifi.

      Some activity information and costs (any free adult tickets will go into a drawing):
      Monday
      Map of the Lexington and Concord route: www.nps.gov/mima/planyourvisit/upload/MIMA%20Park%20Map.pdf

      The program at the Minute Man National Park is a fee, which will be divided by how many people participating.  If we have 50 people, it would be $3 per person, etc.)  Rebels, Redcoats, and Homespun Heroes
      http://www.nps.gov/mima/forteachers/rebels-redcoats-and-homespun-heroes.htm

      Concord Museum, $7 per person for program, 1 free adult for every 10 children. Three stations:   1) museum exhibits, 2) hands on replicas, and 3) replica clothing to try on.

      Tuesday
      90 minute Freedom Trail Walking Tour (Boston Common to Fanuiel Hall), $10 per person for the 1st 20 people,  $9 for each additional person.  1 free adult for every 10 children, http://thefreedomtrail.org/book-tour/school-tours.shtml

      Old State House self guided tour, $2/child, $5/adult
      http://www.bostonhistory.org/?s=osh&p=groupvisit#studentYouth
      Old South Meeting House, $8 per person for program, 2 adults free for every 10 children)
      http://www.oldsouthmeetinghouse.org/learn/school-and-youth-groups
      Paul Revere House, $.75/child, $3/adult
      http://paulreverehouse.org/teachers/programs.html
      Old North Church, $1 per person
      http://oldnorth.com/educational-programs/

      Bunker Hill http://www.nps.gov/bost/historyculture/bhmuseum.htm

      JUNIOR RANGER
      Downtown Boston Freedom Trail
      http://www.nps.gov/bost/forkids/upload/Jr_Ranger_Booklet_B&W.pdf

      Charlestown
      http://www.nps.gov/bost/forkids/upload/CNY%20JR%20Ranger%20Book.pdf

      Wednesday
      Museum of Science, $7.50 per child, 1st parent free, each additional parent is $4.  Additional programs, ex. Planetarium, Omni, is $3 each
      http://www.mos.org/field-trip-activities

      Duck Tour (optional) - 80 minute tour, 3-11 years old $20.50, 12+ $24.50, and adults $26.50
      http://bostonducktours.com/tour.aspx

      __