1686Mark your calendars! Dave and Neta Jackson coming to Maine

  • Vicki Merrill
    Oct 13, 2013

      Dave and Neta Jackson, authors of the best selling Trailblazer books, will be coming to Maine April 21-26 to offer their writing seminar to homeschoolers in the Madison, Farmington and Dover Foxcroft areas!  There is time to set up an event in your area if you are interested!  They will be in Madison Tuesday night, April 22 for a Parent’s Night, and the writing seminar for the students will take place on Wed., the 23rd.  Thursday they will be in Dover Foxcroft.  Each venue needs a minimum of 30 students.

      A one-day seminar for kids consists of three workshops:

          1. Your Character Makes Your Story--how a story plot grows when you develop your character's character.
          2.
      Point of View--choosing who's telling your story; how a story can change depending on whose point of view it is told from.
          3. Dramatic Writing--how to "show, not tell," through description, dialogue, action.

          All workshops have fun exercises, both individual and in mini-groups.  Suggested age range is 4-9th grade and cost is $40 for the first student in the family and $35 for the second.  Dave and Neta pay all of their own travel and accommodations.  The parents night will be an additional fee, depending on the number of people attending.

      I’ve heard from many of you, but wanted to make sure you all had the dates as well!  We still need a few more students in the Madison area.  If you have any questions, please let me know!

      Vicki