Celebrities Who Have Seen Ghosts

  • vicoban
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 2:19 PM
      Celebrities Who Have Seen Ghosts

      Nicholas Cage - This Oscar-winning actor (Leaving Las Vegas) refused
      to stay in uncle Francis Ford Coppola's home after seeing a ghost in
      the attic. (Cage was also cast as Superman in director Tim Burton's
      film project, which was never made.)
      Keanu Reeves - The star of The Matrix films and Devil's Advocate was
      just a kid in New Jersey when he saw a ghost that took the form of a
      white double-breasted suit come into his room one night.

      He wasn't imagining it; his nanny saw the phantom, too.
      Neve Campbell - She's been in more than her share of paranormal-
      themed movies (The Craft, Scream), but she's had real-life encounters
      as well. A woman was murdered in the house she now lives in, and
      friends have seen her ghost walking around.
      Matthew McConaughey - This popular actor (Contact) says he freaked
      out the first time he saw the ghost of an old woman, whom he
      calls "Madame Blue," floating around his house.
      Tim Robbins - Robbins, who was nominated for an Oscar in Mystic
      River, didn't see ghosts, but strongly felt their presence when he
      moved into an apartment in 1984. Following his instinct, he moved out
      the next day.
      Hugh Grant - British romantic comedy lead Hugh Grant (Love Actually)
      says he and friends have heard the wailing and screaming of some
      tormented spirit in his Los Angeles home. He even speculates it might
      be the ghost of a former resident - Bette Davis.
      Dan Aykroyd - The Ghostbusters star (and Oscar-nominated for Driving
      Miss Daisy) has long had a fascination with the paranormal. He
      believes his home, once owned by Cass Elliot of The Mamas and The
      Papas, is haunted. "A ghost certainly haunts my house," he said. "It
      once even crawled into bed with me. The ghost also turns on the
      Stairmaster and moves jewelry across the dresser. I'm sure it's Mama
      Cass because you get the feeling it's a big ghost."
      Sting - Rock star Sting (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) and his
      wife Trudie have seen ghosts in their home. "I was absolutely
      terrified," he said. "I now believe those things are out there, but I
      have no explanation for them."
      Jean Claude Van Damme - The Belgian action star (Timecop), also known
      as "Muscles from Brussels," swears he saw a ghost in his bathroom
      mirror while he was brushing his teeth.
      Richard Dreyfuss - He won an Oscar for The Goodbye Girl, but at one
      time had a cocaine problem. Visions of a ghost, he said, helped him
      kick the habit. "I had a car crash in the late 1970s," Dreyfuss
      said, "when I was really screwed up, and I started seeing these
      ghostly visions of a little girl every night. I couldn't shake this
      image. Every day it became clearer and I didn't know who the hell she
      was. Then I realized that kid was either the child I didn't kill the
      night I smashed up my car, or it was the daughter that I didn't have
      yet. I immediately sobered up."
      Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman - This Hollywood couple was forced to
      flee their "dream home" in Sneden's Landing, N.Y. when it became all
      too apparent that it was haunted. They still are reluctant to talk
      about their frightening encounters.
      Belinda Carlisle - This pop singer and founding member of The Go-Gos,
      who appeared in Swing Shift and She's Having a Baby, says she saw
      a "misty shape" hovering over her as she lay in bed one night. She
      also says that when she was 17, while nodding off to sleep in a chair
      in her parents' home, she levitated and had an out-of-body
      experience.
      Elke Sommers - This German-born actress, who appeared in the 1966
      film The Oscar, claims to have seen the ghost of a middle-aged man in
      a white shirt in her home in North Beverly Hills. Guests in her home
      have also seen the specter. So much paranormal activity was reported
      in the house that the American Society for Psychical Research was
      brought in, and which verified the unexplained events. The severely
      haunted house was bought and sold more than 17 times since Sommers
      vacated it, and many have reported ghostly phenomena.
      Paul McCartney - Ex-Beatle and Oscar-nominated songwriter ("Live and
      Let Die") says that he, George Harrison and Ringo Starr sensed the
      playful spirit of John Lennon when they were recording Lennon's
      song, "Free As A Bird" in 1995. "There were a lot of strange goings-
      on in the studio - noises that shouldn't have been there and
      equipment doing all manner of weird things. There was just an overall
      feeling that John was around."