River Ride - Cocoa Village -Tuesday Feb 3rd - Join the CRABS

  • Phil Mix
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      Join Bob Emmerich, ride leader, and the CRABS for a fantastic scenic ride with porpoises in the river and wild fauna along the way.
      Indian River Ride by you.Bob & Jim
      Start in Cocoa, ride South along the scenic Indian River's Rockledge Drive, South 7+ miles(CR-515), return to Lee Werner Park. Then ride North 7+ miles on N Indian River Drive(CR-515) to Macy Drive which is just N  of Camp Road( near 4884 Cocoa Drive), back to Lee Werner Park in Cocoa. 30 miles round trip. This is a double out and back; 15 miles round trip South and the 15 miles round trip North. Can't get lost along the river.

      Here's the ride scoop details for everyone.
      Coffee ETA: 8:15 at Kays Real Pit Bar B Que (Optional)
      Coffee, pancackes, and other food.
      I-95, Exit 201, East on Rt520 to Kay's Restaurant
      Kay's Real Pit Bar B Que
      1552 King St
      Cocoa, FL 32926
       321-636-6730
      (N28 21 21 W80 45 21)

      Ride Start: 9:30 AM
      Lee Werner Park
      7 Harrison St
      Cocoa, FL
      N28 21 17.8 W80 43 25.9
      This is located to right of the CR 520 bridge on the mainland side, on the Indian River(Intracoastal)

      The CRABS will be there to ride with you again.. Bob,  Jim, Gig, Phil

      Phil 352-552-4876, Bob 631-294-4075
    • Phil Mix
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
        Ride CANCELLED ! Sorry ..but the forcast is mid 50's at best and NW
        winds 10-20 mph. There will be better days to do this ride.

        Phil...For the CRABS.

        --- In CentralFloridaRecumbentRiders@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Mix"
        <mixphil@...> wrote:

        > Join Bob Emmerich, ride leader, and the CRABS for a fantastic scenic
        > ride with porpoises in the river and wild fauna along the way. [Indian
        > River Ride by you.] Bob & Jim Start in Cocoa, ride South along the
        > scenic Indian River's Rockledge Drive, South 7+ miles(CR-515), return
        > Lee Werner Park. Then ride North 7+ miles on N Indian River
        > Drive(CR-515) to Macy Drive which is just N of Camp Road( near 4884
        > Cocoa Drive), back to Lee Werner Park in Cocoa. 30 miles round trip.
        > This is a double out and back; 15 miles round trip South and the 15
        > miles round trip North. Can't get lost along the river. Here's the
        > ride scoop details for everyone. Coffee ETA: 8:15 at Kays Real Pit Bar
        > B Que (Optional) Coffee, pancackes, and other food.
        > I-95, Exit 201, East on Rt520 to Kay's Restaurant Kay's Real Pit Bar B
        > Que
        > 1552 King St
        > Cocoa, FL 32926
        > 321-636-6730 (N28 21 21 W80 45 21)
        >
        > Ride Start: 9:30 AM Lee Werner Park 7 Harrison St Cocoa, FL N28 21
        17.8
        > W80 43 25.9 This is located to right of the CR 520 bridge on the
        > mainland side, on the Indian River(Intracoastal)
        > The CRABS will be there to ride with you again.. Bob, Jim, Gig, Phil
        > Phil 352-552-4876, Bob 631-294-4075

      • rodkuehl2
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2009
          <mixphil@...> wrote:

          > Ride CANCELLED ! Sorry ..but the forcast is mid 50's at best and NW
          > winds 10-20 mph. There will be better days to do this ride.
          >
          > Phil...For the CRABS.

          =======

          I used to walk 2 miles in 3 feet of snow when I was 4 feet tall in
          northern Iowa. Air temperature -35F and 30 MPH winds. If I had my V3,
          I would have gotten there faster. Suck it up CRABS, you wimps :-))

          Rod
          RANS V3 Ti
          Riverview, FL
        • racer_46_x
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009
            I would love to go on this ride. Any chance we could get more than 1
            day's notice?

            Pete

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2009

              We'll try. Bob said the PM ride was fine. But I agree..we need a somewhat predictable notice.

              We'll do it as soon as noticably possible.. it's a great ride.

              I'm a 65yr VTr and I don't want to be cold on the ride. ....     :)

              Phil
              mixphil@...

              <mixphil@...> wrote:

              > Ride CANCELLED ! Sorry ..but the forcast is mid 50's at best and NW
              > winds 10-20 mph. There will be better days to do this ride.
              >
              > Phil...For the CRABS.
              >

              > --- In CentralFloridaRecumbentRiders@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Mix"
              > <mixphil@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Join Bob Emmerich, ride leader, and the CRABS for a fantastic
              scenic
              > > ride with porpoises in the river and wild fauna along the way.
              [Indian
              > > River Ride by you.] Bob & Jim Start in Cocoa, ride South along the
              > > scenic Indian River's Rockledge Drive, South 7+ miles(CR-515),
              return
              > > Lee Werner Park. Then ride North 7+ miles on N Indian River
              > > Drive(CR-515) to Macy Drive which is just N of Camp Road( near
              4884
              > > Cocoa Drive), back to Lee Werner Park in Cocoa. 30 miles round
              trip.
              > > This is a double out and back; 15 miles round trip South and the
              15
              > > miles round trip North. Can't get lost along the river. Here's the
              > > ride scoop details for everyone. Coffee ETA: 8:15 at Kays Real
              Pit Bar
              > > B Que (Optional) Coffee, pancackes, and other food.
              > > I-95, Exit 201, East on Rt520 to Kay's Restaurant Kay's Real Pit
              Bar B
              > > Que
              > > 1552 King St
              > > Cocoa, FL 32926
              > > 321-636-6730 (N28 21 21 W80 45 21)
              > >
              > > Ride Start: 9:30 AM Lee Werner Park 7 Harrison St Cocoa, FL N28 21
              > 17.8
              > > W80 43 25.9 This is located to right of the CR 520 bridge on the
              > > mainland side, on the Indian River(Intracoastal)
              > > The CRABS will be there to ride with you again.. Bob, Jim, Gig,
              Phil
              > > Phil 352-552-4876, Bob 631-294-4075

            • peter lee
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2009

                Phil,
                I would love to attend this ride.  I'll be there barring any family obligations.
                Peter

                mixphil@embarqmail. com