"Rapture" - Inspiration Reading on Sunday, June 29

  • centerfornondualism
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008
      Inspirational Reading from the Center program of June 29, 2008.
      Center council member Tulsi Alden most warmly read to us her original
      poetry entitled "Rapture."

      "Rapture"
      Tulsi Alden

      Somewhere, nestled deep within my chest
      There lives a love song
      I will sing it for you.
      Down beneath the fallen leaves,
      The roots and worms and cool black earth, it waits
      Long since forgotten, lost in the cracks
      And the trickle of time.
      I cast it aside in favor of survival games
      And a straight-back, chin-out, no-holds-barred,
      don't-look-back, over-the-hills endurance run.
      What was I thinking?
      How easy is it to Love?
      To bloom like a bud too long trapped
      Under the dark spell of winter?
      This - is easy
      This - is ecstasy
      This...bliss
      Somehow I called, and like a warm spring rain you arrived
      Washed me clean and new
      Kissed the dew back into my lips
      And pulled my song clean from the earth
      Where it soars from my mouth,
      Sparkles around our heads, and fills our ears
      With the joyful sounds
      Of rapture