3/30 Afternoon Program (12:30-1:30):Drumming Circle with Mike Beck

  • centerfornondualism2
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2008
      Please join us this week for the Afternoon
      Special Program: From 12:30-1:30 (March 30)

      Drumming Circle with Mike Beck
      Drumming Up Shakti and Shiva

      Come, sit with us after the service on Sunday and listen to oldest
      rhythm maker known to mankind, our hearts, as we explore that which
      is hidden there that comes out so naturally when a native american or
      african drum is at hand. No experience necessary, just a willingness
      to listen to yourself and to be guided by that which we'll create
      together. Drums and other percussive fun things provided, or bring
      your own.

      Mike Beck, our drum guide, is a local artist who creates custom hand
      drums in the traditional ways of cultures from around the world--
      Celtic, Middle Eastern, West African and native to the Americas. He
      lives in Navarre, Fl where he has a small workshop on the shores of
      East Bay. He regularly guides drum circles and drum creationshops
      around the country helping himself and others engange the greatest
      mystery in the physical universe - rhythm

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Gardenia Room
      Cayo Grande Suite Hotel