Sun 3/9 (11:00-12:00) Swami J: 24 Ways to Experience the Guiding Force

  • centerfornondualism
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Program Date: March 9, 2008
      Program Time: 11:00-12:00
      Fellowship: 10:30-11:00; 12:00-12:30
      Website: http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      SPEAKER and TOPIC:
      Swami Jnaneshvara
      "24 Ways to Experience the Guiding Force"
      Teaser: 4 of the gurus are:
      the pigeon
      the moth
      the elephant
      the ant

      COUNCIL MEETING: From 9:30-10:30 (March 9) there will be a quarterly
      Council meeting, prempting the informal discussion, satsang and Q&A
      this week. That Council meeting was due to be held in April, but we
      moved it forward since Swami J will be in India during April. The
      regular program will return next week.

      UPCOMING SPEAKERS (Subject to change)

      MAR 16: Bill Campbell
      MAR 23: Felicia McQuaid
      MAR 30: Faith McElroy
      APR 6: Bill Campbell
      APR 13: Ray Jones

      UPCOMING SPECIAL PROGRAMS

      MAR 30: Drumming Circle with Mike Beck.
      KIRTAN: Will be rescheduled, and announced in the newsletter.
      HATHA: Beginning very soon (possibly March 16), there will be a once
      per month Hatha Yoga session after our regular program (about 12:30).
      Felicia is heading up a team of three (including Carolyn and Tammy)
      to facilitate this. June and Phillip will also be pitching in from
      time to time. This will be very basic and will allow all Center
      participants, including those with no prior experience, to experience
      the physical and meditative benefits of Hatha Yoga. It can be an
      extremely useful part of the journey to NonDual realization.

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Gardenia Room
      Cayo Grande Suite Hotel