Changes at the Center for NonDualism

  • Felicia
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2 10:45 AM
      Dear Friends,

      There is a saying that goes something like "Change is inevitable. Growth is optional." Change, we know, comes to all things in this world, the seasons, our lives, our gardens, the beaches, and now to our community of the Center for Non Dualism.

      A community is a unique form of organization that works well only while those who are the members of the community vision, plan, and act together in accordance with their shared values and goals. Ours are stated very beautifully in our mission statement.

      Purpose of our Center: The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      There has been long journey to bring us, as a community, to this moment, many friends who have come and gone, changes in the faces that sit on the advisory council, changes of those who step forward as Directors. Now more changes present themselves.

      Swami J and Felicia, after so much loving service, dedication, and hard work, have decided to step aside from leadership. We are all very grateful for all their love and commitment. Tulsi will continue, with Kathleen Gibson as co-director.

      At this moment, we have the opportunity to come together in creative conversation to decide how we change, as a community of people who share, who desire loving fellowship, who provide a nurturing environment for all, and who value learning and experience.

      Currently, our last regular Sunday morning gathering at the Beal Center is scheduled for October 10.

      This Sunday, October 3, after our regular programs at Beal Center, any who wish to can come to Beasley Park, on Okaloosa Island, with a picnic lunch (or not...BYOLunch). We will start the adventure of constructive and creative conversation to begin to discover how we wish to be in community with one another.
      We will meet again at Beasley Park, same time, same place, on Sunday, October 10 at 1 pm, after the program at the Beal Center to continue the conversation.

      The questions we will begin to explore, gently, lovingly, with open minds and hearts are these:

      1. What about the community of the Center has best served you?
      2. What about the community of the Center has not served you well?
      3. What about the community of the Center could be changed to serve you better and what sort of changes? Please be constructive....
      4. How will you commit to participating in this community?

      It is our commitment to you that we will be here, ready for the conversation, ready for the change, ready to embrace the transition as it comes, and in whatever direction we collectively choose to take it. We love you and are ever grateful for the loving fellowship, the nurturing environnment and wonderful experiences we have shared together learning to experience the oneness of Non-Dualism. Here's to the next adventure!

      With gentle devotion, reverent respect and unconditional love,

      Tulsi and Kathleen