Sunday, August 22nd: Candace Tanner: "Emotional Transformation"

  • Felicia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17 4:46 PM
      Center for NonDualism
      Program Date: August 22, 2010
      Program Time: 11:00-12:00
      Fellowship: 10:30-11:00; 12:00-12:30
      Website: http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      SPEAKER and TOPIC:
      Candace Tanner: "Emotional Transformation"

      Candace began her search for something spiritual about a dozen years ago when she read, "Conversations with God" by Neal Donald Walsch. While firmly rooted in the isolation and competitiveness of the high-tech corporate world, she noticed that over time she had developed an emotional callus that was affecting relationships and health.

      From thriving on the thrill of adrenalin to consciously cultivating tranquility, or moving from emptiness to the full expression of love, how can we redirect powerful emotional energies to assist in expansion of consciousness? Systematic transformation of
      thinking, emotions and self-concept through Yoga studies seems to be a pretty good path to pursue. Some ideas on Sunday.

      INTERACTIVE PROGRAM (9:30-10:30):
      (Time is limited, program will begin promptly at 9:30)

      SatSONG with Kathleen Gibson
      Sharing songs that fill the heart and celebrate the community and the journey toward nonDual awareness, extra fun and support for "non singers". We'll also explore the joy of co-creative songwriting!!!!

      Upcoming Speakers: (subject to change)

      August 29th: Tripurashakti Brahmacharini

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Brooks Beal Center
      100 Beal Parkway NW