Sunday, August 8th: Phillip Ellis "A Time to Change our View of the Environment"

  • Felicia
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2010
      Center for NonDualism
      Program Date: August 8, 2010
      Program Time: 11:00-12:00
      Fellowship: 10:30-11:00; 12:00-12:30
      Website: http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      SPEAKER and TOPIC:
      Phillip Ellis: "A Time to Change our View of the Environment"

      Phillip has long held an innate passion for working with people to inspire activism in creating a better community. This passion originally led him to work in the environmental field with an education in Marine Biology. During his professional career in science he witnessed, firsthand, the importance of impacting peoples' lives through community outreach and development.

      Through his discovery of Yoga philosophy Phillip has refocused his talents for educating the public on difficult issues and facilitating community development in a new direction. He has intensely devoted himself to studying one of the oldest yogic lineages under Dandi Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati who is renowned for his deep, experiential understanding of this Himalayan Tradition. Phillip has dedicated himself to learning and practicing these teachings which he believes
      can empower individuals with the knowledge inherent in themselves to profoundly impact their lives, their families and the community.

      INTERACTIVE PROGRAM (9:30-10:30):
      Heart Circle with James Allen

      A Heart Circle gathering provides a unique opportunity to participate in the important work of identifying
      your deepest desires, which may be hidden from the conscious mind. Bring your desires,big or small, and join in with the positive energy of supportive friends at our spiritual community Heart Circles on August 8 and September 12.

      Upcoming Speakers: (subject to change)

      August 15th: Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Brooks Beal Center
      100 Beal Parkway NW