Sunday, August 1st: Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati:"Four Means and Six Virtues"

  • Felicia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2010
      Center for NonDualism
      Program Date: August 1, 2010
      Program Time: 11:00-12:00
      Fellowship: 10:30-11:00; 12:00-12:30
      Website: http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      SPEAKER and TOPIC:
      Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati:"Four Means and Six Virtues
      Sadhana Chatshtaya / Shatsampat

      Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati
      Abhyasa Ashram
      Fort Walton Beach, Florida
      Daily meditations and weekly classes. Emphasizes the three streams of
      traditional Yoga meditation of the Yoga Sutras, contemplation of Advaita Vedanta, and devotion of Sri Vidya Tantra. As instructed by the Himalayan masters, he teaches from direct experience, teaching orally and by transmission.
      http://www.swamij.com

      INTERACTIVE PROGRAM (9:30-10:30):
      (Time is limited, program will begin promptly at 9:30)
      Making Prayer Fans with Tulsi Alden-Foster

      If you have anything extra you would like to add to yours please bring it.. Tulsi will be brining :leather, thread, etc. feathers

      We have received a donation of beautiful wild turkey feathers, similar to the ones I have used for Satsang before in blessing and 'smudging' the space with sage smoke. We fan the incense or smudge stick, saying prayers or intentions or in silence to cleanse the area and purify our prayers and intentions. The feathers are thought to carry the smoke and prayers to the Creator. Although it is a simple tool, it is very soothing, very centering and calming, and a useful means of setting our direction inward into Truth. The fans are made from feathers, strips of leather, and any beads or bits or items that hold meaning for you. On Aug 1st we will be making our own prayer fans, so bring any items you like. We will hang out on the floor, laughing, talking, building, and making blessings

      Upcoming Speakers: (subject to change)

      August 8th: Phillip Ellis
      August 15th: Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Brooks Beal Center
      100 Beal Parkway NW