Sunday, May 16th: Susan Bridwell "Discipline and Determination"

  • Felicia
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2010
      Center for NonDualism
      Program Date: May 16, 2010
      Program Time: 11:00-12:00
      Fellowship: 10:30-11:00; 12:00-12:30
      Website: http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      SPEAKER and TOPIC:
      Susan Bridwell: "Discipline and Determination"

      Susan started meditating about 14 years ago and has spent time studying under the Siddha Yoga lineage, traveling to the the Siddha Yoga Ashram a couple of times even bringing her family along. She had a peak experience while at one of the intensives:"We were supposed to close our eyes and meditate. When I closed my eyes I was having trouble because it was too bright, I thought they had forgotten to dim the lights so I opened my eyes so I could see if someone was going to take care of it and when I did I saw that the room was pitch black" She ran into Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati in the 90's and has been studying and hanging out with him every since. In 1997 she went to Honesdale she was initiated and was given a mantra while there. She has been married for 24 years and has 3 kids, she is also on the council for the Center for NonDualism.

      INTERACTIVE PROGRAM (9:30-10:30):
      (Time is limited, program will begin promptly at 9:30)
      NonDual discussion with Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati

      Upcoming Speakers: (subject to change)

      May 23rd: Tulsi Alden-Foster

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Brooks Beal Center
      100 Beal Parkway NW