"Transcending Fear": 3rd Annual Conference: February 25-28th!

  • centerfornondualism2
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2010
      Transcending Fear, the Greatest Obstacle
      to Nondual Realization

      3rd Annual NonDualism Conference
      and optional Retreat
      Thursday-Sunday
      Ramada on the beaches of Okaloosa Island,
      Fort Walton Beach, Florida
      February 25-28, 2010
      Sponsored by the Center for Nondualism

      Conference2010@...

      The Center for Non-Dualism is sponsoring its 3rd Annual Non-Dualism Conference from February 25-29, 2009 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

      Next Year: Our conference next year is tentatively planned for Thursday, Feb 17 - Sunday, Feb 20, 2011.

      CONFERENCE plus OPTIONAL RETREAT

      You may come to all of the programs of the conference while commuting from your home. However, we hope that many of us will reserve a room at the Ramada and make this a retreat as well. The hotel has a heated pool and an outdoors hot tub that is a real treat. You may stay at the hotel any or all of the three nights of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Following are the special room rates for us:

      Standard $89
      Courtyard $99
      Pool View $109
      Gulf Front $119

      BOOKING YOUR RETREAT ROOM: To book your room, please call the Ramada at 800-874-8962 and tell them that your reservation is for the Nondualism Conference. Please make your reservations by January 25, 2010, which is the date until which they will guarantee these discounted prices.

      OUR CONFERENCE ROOM: All sessions will be in the Forum Room of the Ramada, which is on the top floor of the multistory building facing the Gulf of Mexico. This is a very large room that will give us ample space to stretch out for hatha yoga sessions and meditations. The view over the ocean is incredible.

      CONFERENCE REGISTRATION: Please let us know as soon as you can of your intention to participate.
      Please write to: conference2010@... sign up any Sunday morning during our regular program.

      Please advise which of the four days you will be attending (Th, Fr, Sa, Su) and which of the three nights you will be staying at the Ramada (Th, Fr, Sa).

      GOALS: The goals of the Conference are to:

      Enjoy the camaraderie of people who share this perspective
      Better understanding of the nature of Non-Dualism
      Gain practical insight about Non-Dual meditation and practices
      Learn how to live Non-Dualism in a cultural of Dualism
      See the Non-Dual roots of yoga, religions, and philosophy

      PRESENTATIONS:

      There will be 4-5 presentations a day on Thursday through Saturday, and closing presentations on Sunday, or a total of approximately 15-18 presentations, with each presenter discussing three informative points or perspectives.
      There will be two panel discussion with Q&A.
      The topics will be from a wide range of areas, with each explaining the practical relationship to Non-Dual perspectives and practices in daily life, all centered around the theme of the conference, which is "Transcending Fear, the Greatest Obstacle to Nondual Realization"
      There will also be about 15 guided meditations.
      Hatha Yoga will be every morning, along with 10-15 minutes sessions in the afternoons.
      While there is a lot offered, there will be frequent brief breaks so that we can all enjoy our time together and walk on the beach.
      Hatha Yoga will be every morning.
      On Saturday evening there will be entertainment followed by a longer meditation. Mike Beck will once again guide a drumming circle and Leela will be here to play harp music for us, hopefully with George accompanying. We will also have singing of Kathleen Gibson who will soon be moving to our area from Chicago. Our own Robin Holzer will also be singing, as she sings opera as a professional soprano.

      PRESENTERS: Following are some of the presenters

      Felicia McQuaid, Director
      Swami Jnaneshvara, Founder and Director
      Debbie Bolender
      Kathy Tabb
      Ken Roman
      Mindy Broadstone
      Ray Jones
      Tulsi Alden

      MEDITATIONS: There will be about 15 guided meditations during the Conference.

      HATHA YOGA: Hatha Yoga will be every morning from the perspective that Yoga is a spiritual practice, and that Hatha Yoga is a notable part of the greater whole of Yoga.

      TO BRING WITH YOU You may want to bring these with you:

      Mat or blanket for hatha yoga

      Meditation cushion

      Shawl or light blanket for meditation times

      SCHEDULE

      The "official" opening of the conference will be Thursday evening at 6:30pm. During morning and afternoon of Thursday we will have "workshop" style of classes for those who are free to participate (recognizing the challenges of some people's work and travel schedules). Here is the general outline:

      Thursday, February 25: Start with hatha yoga at 7:00am. Rest of Thursday morning and afternoon is practical training.

      Thursday, February 25: Official opening at 6:30pm

      Friday, February 26: 7:00am - 9:00pm

      Saturday, February 27: 7:00am - 9:00pm

      Sunday, February 28: 7:00am - 12:00pm (end of conference)

      Detailed schedule:

      THURSDAY, February 25

      7:00-8:00 Hatha yoga: Ken Roman
      Guided meditation #1: Ken Roman
      8:00-9:00 Breakfast, walk, quiet time

      9:00-10:00 Breathing workshop: Swami J, Rukmini, Other volunteers
      10:00-10:15 Guided meditation #2: Felicia McQuaid CFMD
      10:15-10:45 Break, walk, quiet time
      10:45-11:00 Explanation of Yoga Nidra
      11:00-12:00 Yoga Nidra - Meditation #3: Swami J recording
      12:00-2:00 Lunch, walk, quiet time

      2:00-2:50 Interactive group: James and Candace
      2:50-3:00 Guided meditation #4: James Allen
      3:00-3:20 Break, walk, quiet time
      3:20-4:10 Medicine Wheel: Mindy Broadstone
      4:10-4:30 Guided Meditation #5: Rukmini

      4:30-5:00 Optional light hatha yoga: Rukmini and Janet Barnhart
      4:30-6:30 Two hour break for dinner, walk, quiet time

      6:30-6:40 Opening remarks, Ray Jones (Emcee)
      Statement of Purpose: Swami J
      Opening prayer by Mindy
      6:40-7:20 Presentation #1: Debbie Bolender
      7:20-8:00 Presentation #2: Tulsi Foster
      8:00-8:10 Guided meditation #6: Ken
      8:10-8:50 Presentation #3: Swami J
      8:50-9:00 Guided and silent meditation (brief intro, then silence), Ray Jones

      FRIDAY, February 26

      7:00-8:00 Qi-gong: Ken Roman CFMD
      8:00-9:00 Breakfast, walk, quiet time

      9:00-9:40 Presentation #4: Olga Garcia
      9:40-9:50 Brief Break
      9:50-10:30 Presentation #5: Rukmini
      10:30-10:40 Guided meditation #7: Ray
      10:40-11:00 Break, walk, quiet time
      11:00-11:40 Presentation #6: Phillip Ellis
      11:40-12:00 Guided meditation #8: Mindy

      12:00-2:00 Two hour break for lunch, walk, quiet time

      2:00-2:40 Presentation #7: Mindy Broadstone
      3:00-3:10 Guided meditation #9: Swami J
      3:10-3:30 Break, walk, quiet time
      3:30-4:20 Panel: Carolyn Reynolds, Debbie Bolender, Olga Garcia,
      Mindy Broadstone, Ray Jones
      4:20-4:30 Guided meditation #10: Tulsi

      4:30-5:00 Optional light hatha yoga: Kathy Tabb and Rukmini Eggelte
      4:30-6:30 Two hour break for dinner, walk, quiet time

      6:30-6:40 Intro to evening activities
      6:40-6:50 Guided meditation #11: Felicia
      6:50-7:40 Music and singing
      7:40-8:40 Oming
      8:40-9:00 Silent meditation #12: Ray (to introduce the meditation)

      SATURDAY, February 27

      7:00-8:00 Hatha yoga: Felicia McQuaid CFMD
      8:00-9:00 Breakfast, walk, quiet time

      9:00-9:40 Presentation #8: Carolyn Reynolds
      9:40-9:50 Brief Break
      9:50-10:30 Presentation #9: Ken Roman
      10:30-10:40 Guided meditation #13: Ken
      10:40-11:00 Break, walk, quiet time
      11:00-11:40 Presentation #10: Lal Goel
      11:40-12:00 Guided meditation #14: Mindy

      12:00-2:00 Lunch, quiet time (Specially prepared Indian food, Bombay Masala,
      326 Eglin Parkway NE, Fort Walton Beach)

      2:00-2:40 Presentation #11: Kathy Tabb
      3:00-3:10 Guided meditation #15: Tulsi
      3:10-3:30 Break, walk, quiet time
      3:30-4:20 Panel: Felicia McQuaid, Kathy Tabb, Ken Roman, Phillip Ellis, Swami J
      4:20-4:30 Guided meditation #16: Felicia McQuaid
      4:30-5:00 Optional light hatha yoga: Rukmini Eggelte

      4:30-6:30 Two hour break for dinner, walk, quiet time

      6:30-6:40 Intro to evening activities
      6:40-6:50 Guided meditation #17: James
      6:50-7:30 Drumming circle
      7:30-8:10 Music
      8:10-8:15 Brief break
      8:15-9:00 Guided Bhuta Shuddhi meditation #18: Swami J

      SUNDAY, February 28
      7:00-8:00 Hatha yoga: Carolyn Reynolds
      8:00-9:00 Breakfast, walk, quiet time

      9:00-9:40 Presentation #12: Ray Jones
      9:40-10:20 Presentation #13: Felicia McQuaid
      10:20-10:40 Guided meditation #19: Phillip
      10:40-11:00 Break, walk, quiet time

      11:00-12:00 Statement of Purpose: Cynthia
      Summary presentation #14: Swami J
      Closing prayer, Mindy Broadstone
      Guided meditation #20: Felicia McQuaid
      Affirmation for the week, Tulsi Foster

      12:00pm Conference end time.

      TOPICS:

      To be posted soon.

      MEALS: We will have reception style snacks and beverages available during the conference. There will be approximately 2 hours open time at noon and late afternoon so that you may either go home for your meals or go in small groups to any of the local restaurants you wish.

      FEES: The conference is being offered in the traditional way of imparting these kinds of teachings. That is, there is no fee. However, we live in a very real world, even though it might ultimately be unreal in the Non-Dualistic sense. Therefore, we ask that you donate whatever you feel is an appropriate amount for a conference of this type (please note that our speakers and other volunteers are not paid, so your money goes to support the Center, not the personal pockets of any people). Your donations will most definitely determine the future of the conferences and the Center for Non-Dualism.

      REGISTRATION: Please let us know as soon as you can of your intention to participate. Your registration will help us with planning. Please do write sooner rather than later. Please write conference2010@....

      CLEANUP and OTHER VOLUNTEERING: Please contact Ray Jones to volunteer to help during the conference. Write him at ray@....

      We look forward to a large turnout to support our collective views on Non-Dualism and to increase awareness in our greater Emerald Coast community. This will be a very enjoyable weekend of friendship, fun, learning and practice.

      In loving service,

      Felicia McQuaid,
      Swami J. Bharati
      Tulsi Foster

      Directors
      Center for Non-Dualism

      You may also contact us for questions or registration individually at:
      Felicia McQuaid: Felicia@...
      Swami Jnaneshvara: SwamiJ@...