195Sunday,December 27th: Rukmini Eggelte: "Choose your Thoughts"

  • centerfornondualism2
    Dec 22, 2009
      Center for NonDualism
      Program Date: December 27, 2009
      Program Time: 11:00-12:00
      Fellowship: 10:30-11:00; 12:00-12:30
      Website: http://www.centerfornondualism.org/

      SPEAKER and TOPIC:
      Rukmini Eggelte: "Choose your Thoughts"

      After high school Rukmini finished art academy, intuitively working with Yogic concepts, the conceptx to create art for the body where " I am on the outside, i am on the inside, look futher and you'll see me" and "scream you are vulnerable". Even through art she was always trying to bring the inside out,the Pure self was the main theme of that period.She then worked as an artist creating clothes and meditation and asana-blankets, which led her to learn and teach Hatha Yoga. She taught for 2.5 years at an institute, where she met a Dutch teacher Ajata, who taught her Raja Yoga. She started her own space, sharing the knowledge of Raya Yoga. On a retreat in India she met Swamiji(Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati) and everything changed (like she was hoping to all her life)...every step in the direction of knowing the Pure Self...

      9:15-9:30 fellowship and help set-up

      INTERACTIVE PROGRAM (9:30-10:30):
      NonDual open Discussion with Ray Jones

      Upcoming Speakers: (subject to change)

      January 3rd: Ray Jones
      January 10th: Felicia McQuaid

      STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:

      The Center for Non-Dualism is a community for people who share the
      Non-Dual perspective of Religion, Yoga, and Philosophy. The purpose
      of the Center is to maintain a loving fellowship and to provide a
      nurturing environment that is conducive to learning and experiencing
      the oneness of Non-Dualism.

      Non-Dualism is the orientation that there is one absolute reality
      without a second, and that each of us, although an individual person,
      is one with that reality, just as a wave is not separate from the
      ocean. The emphasis of our Center is on the practices such as
      contemplation and meditation which lead to the direct experience of
      this Non-Dual reality.

      MEETING LOCATION:
      Brooks Beal Center
      100 Beal Parkway NW