Proverb help!

  • Padraic Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2002
      Greetings:

      I was looking through some old notes and found a Kerno
      proverb with no translation. I know all the words, but
      it beats the wahoony out of me what it means, so I'd
      like to hear some suggestions!

      It's: "siner l� brocke amb li billen", which literally
      means "to stretch the badger around a tree". Badgers
      figure prominently in Kerno proverbs (to be surprised
      = to be dunked in a barrel with a cat and a badger; to
      get the wrong idea = tickle the badger with your toes)
      but I'm at a loss as to what this one is all about.

      Padraic.

      =====
      il dunar-li c' argeont ayn politig;
      celist il pozponer le mbutheor ayn backun gras.

      http://finance.yahoo.com