Virus spreading quickly!

  • bernadette
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 1999
      Hi, all!

      As I've written before, my pet peeve is all the "junk" virus warning hoaxes arriving in my mailbox. So if you get a message from me about a virus warning, please take it seriously.

      Check out this site:

      http://www.datafellows.com/news/1999/19991201.htm

      The heading is:

      New Variant of ExploreZip Worm Wreaks Havoc Across Corporate Networks

      Espoo, Finland, December 1, 1999 - Data Fellows, a leading provider of centrally
      managed, widely distributed security solutions, today announced, that a new variation of
      the ExploreZip worm has been found and has already infected a number of Fortune 500
      companies as well as a host of smaller companies during business day Tuesday in the
      US. This virus works like a chain letter and carries a destructive payload. So far, Data
      Fellows has received reports from the USA, Europe and Asia. The virus is likely to
      spread globally within hours.

      Here are some other good URLs for information about 99% of the junk e-mail that lands in YOUR mailbox, I'm sure!

      http://www.hoaxkill.com

      http://urbanlegends.miningco.com/culture/beliefs/urbanlegends/library/blhoax.htm

      http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html

      http://www.kumite.com/myths/