I'm here. (Introduction)

  • Lloyd McDaniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      Hi All;

      I am Lloyd McDaniel, a man with a sense of his heritage, and unashamed of it. I began listening, reading, and exploring Celt in the middle seventies and have by NO means scratched the surface.

      Music, Art, Poetry, Dance, War, Peace, Religion, Society... the Celtic peoples are the basis of the modern world. Contributions from other societies? Certainly!

      But if you go back it's the river folk and the the fisherpeople and the farmers who, driven by a stubborn intensity carried on their backs the societies that provided the foundations of most of the successful European cultures.

      And like it or not Europe built this world we live in.

      Happy New Year...

      **************************************

      New Year's
      Wishes

      May you get a clean bill of health from your dentist, your
      cardiologist, your gastro-enterologist, your urologist, your
      proctologist, your podiatrist, your psychiatrist, your plumber and the
      I.R.S.

      May your hair, your teeth, your facelift, your abs and your stocks not
      fall; and may your blood pressure, your triglycerides, your
      cholesterol, your white blood count and your mortgage interest not
      rise.

      May New Year's Eve find you seated around the table, together with your
      beloved family and cherished friends. May you find the food better, the
      environment quieter, the cost much cheaper, and the pleasure much more
      fulfilling than anything else you might ordinarily do that night.

      May what you see in the mirror delight you, and what others see in you
      delight them. May someone love you enough to forgive your faults, be
      blind to your blemishes, and tell the world about your virtues.

      May the telemarketers wait to make their sales calls until you finish
      dinner, may the commercials on TV not be louder than the program you
      have been watching, and may your check book and your budget balance -
      and include generous amounts for charity.

      May you remember to say "I love you" at least once a day to your
      spouse, your child, your parent, your siblings; but not to your
      secretary, your nurse, your masseuse, your hairdresser or your tennis
      instructor.

      And may we live in a world at peace and with the awareness of love in every sunset, every flower's unfolding petals, every baby's smile, every lover's kiss, and every wonderful, astonishing, miraculous beat of our heart.

      **EDIT NOTE from Bernadette: The "Eurocentric" comment in this message could stir some debate, controversy, whatever, and I must start off the new year reminding folks here in the community that we do have a "Celtic Cafe Off Topic" list.

      It's very small and rarely used, but if any responses to this post border on being "off-topic," please be forewarned that we might have to reroute the message to the CelticCafeOT list.