FLOOK NEWS

  • flookoz
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 13, 2013
      FLOOK NEWS
      Hope this email finds you well. We're happy to announce some gigs for
      2013 - in Germany, England, France and Ireland.
      If you are a Facebook user, please join us on our Facebook page for
      more regular updates: www.facebook.com/flookquartet
      That's it for now, please keep in touch
      Sarah, Brian, Ed and John Joe X
      ____________________________

      DATES FOR THE DIARY
      Saturday April 13
      GERMANY
      Hude
      http://www.pma-hude.de/aktuell.html
      Sunday May 19
      ENGLAND
      Shepley Spring Festival
      http://www.shepleyspringfestival.com/
      July 24-26
      FRANCE
      Albiez-Montrond
      CeltiCimes - workshops and concert
      email for more details: Anne-Caroline LADET <acladet@...>
      Monday August 5
      ENGLAND
      Sidmouth Folk Week
      http://www.sidmouthfolkweek.co.uk/
      Saturday August 17
      IRELAND
      All Ireland Fleadh, Derry
      http://www.fleadhcheoil.ie/
      --------------------------------------
      FLOOK MAIL ORDER
      Haven (CD) 2005
      In the pantheon of Irish/English folk groups they don't come much more
      revered than Flook.
      Irish Post, November 2005
      Haven swings with a blazing intensity that captures their kinetic live
      performances.
      The Observer, November 2005
      The flute/guitar/bodhran combo keep racking up the superlatives.
      Breathtaking tunes with the unmistakable Flook feelgood signature.
      BBC, November 2005
      BUY NOW: http://www.baka.co.uk/shop/pages/albums/haven.htm
      Rubai (CD) (http://www.flook.co.uk/rubai.html) 2002
      Rubai was nominated as Best Album in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards 2003
      an extraordinarily good record
      fRoots
      head and shoulders above the rest... Magnificent.
      The Irish Times
      one of the essential albums of 2002
      Songlines
      BUY NOW: http://www.baka.co.uk/shop/pages/albums/rubai.htm
      Flatfish (CD) 1999
      Flatfish is, quite simply, one of the most stunning contemporary
      Celtic albums you'll hear this or any other year.
      Songlines
      No frills, no studio gloss, just simple unadorned pleasure from start
      to finish
      The Rough Guide to Irish Music
      a cornucopia of sublime musicianship. Rating: * * * * *
      The Scotsman
      BUY NOW: http://www.baka.co.uk/shop/pages/albums/flatfish.htm
      Brian Finnegan's The Ravishing Genius of Bones (CD) 2010
      Pls enquire to Flook at info@... to purchase this album
      All Flook albums are also available from iTunes UK
      please reply to this mail, with REMOVE FROM LIST as the Subject