FLOOK NEWS

  • Sarah Allen
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3, 2011
      FLOOK NEWS

      We hope this email finds you well. You may be pleased to hear that,
      following a last minute appearance by all 4 members of Flook in Armagh
      last month, there have been murmurings of us doing some more Flook
      gigs in the future ... nothing definite at present, but do watch this
      space for details.

      There is more good news! We are very happy to announce the safe
      arrival into the world of the second Flook baby.
      Brian's wife Eva gave birth to a baby boy, Ollin, on April 19th.
      Mother, baby and proud Dad are all doing very well!

      And we also wanted to alert you to some upcoming gigs by Brian's new
      quartet, KAN. They have a run of gigs in Scotland, and also dates in
      London, Leeds and Newcastle. KAN features Brian alongside the very
      wonderful Aidan O'Rourke from Lau, ace young guitarist Ian Stephenson
      and master Manchester drummer Jim Goodwin. "Terrifically tight...
      intensely lyrical... heavyweight rhythmic attack" The Scotsman.
      For a quick taster, you can hear them here: http://soundcloud.com/kan-3/sets/kan-demo-tracks
      Dates are below - try to catch them if they are performing anywhere
      near you!

      If you are a Facebook user, you might like to join our Flook page on
      Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flook/322355832107?ref=mf

      That's it for now, keep in touch

      Sarah, Brian, Ed and John Joe

      KAN DATES

      Tuesday May 24: London: The Slaughtered Lamb, Great Sutton St, EC1V 0DX
      http://www.electroacousticclub.com/
      Tickets from: http://www.seetickets.com/Event/KAN/The-Slaughtered-Lamb/538821

      Thursday May 26: Leeds: Brudenell Social Club
      Advance tickets from: http://www.leedsgigtickets.co.uk/tickets/5070/

      Saturday 28 May: Newcastle: Cumberland Arms
      http://www.thecumberlandarms.co.uk/

      Sunday 29th: Aviemore, Scotland: The Old Bridge Inn
      http://www.oldbridgeinn.co.uk/

      Tuesday 31 May: Glasgow: Stereo
      http://www.stereocafebar.com/
      Tickets from: http://kanglasgowgig.eventbrite.com/

      Wednesday 1 June: Aberdeen: The Lemon Tree
      http://www.boxofficeaberdeen.com/prod-productions_details.asp?pid=3291&venueid=285

      Thursday 2 June: Stirling: The Tolbooth
      http://www.stirling.gov.uk/tolbooth/whats-on-at-tolbooth-stirling/june_2011/kan_june_2011.htm

      Saturday 4 June: Easdale Island Hall
      http://www.easdaleislandhall.org/index.htm

      MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/kanmusic
      Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KAN/286727655438?ref

      FLOOK MAIL ORDER

      Brian Finnegan's The Ravishing Genius of Bones (CD) 2010
      BUY NOW: http://www.isitewebdesign.co.uk/ravishinggenius/Brian_Finnegan_-_The_Ravishing_Genius_Of_Bones/Buy_Now.html

      Haven (CD) 2005
      In the pantheon of Irish/English folk groups they don�t come much more
      revered than Flook.
      Irish Post, November 2005

      Haven swings with a blazing intensity that captures their kinetic live
      performances.
      The Observer, November 2005

      The flute/guitar/bodhran combo keep racking up the superlatives.
      Breathtaking tunes with the unmistakable Flook feelgood signature.
      BBC, November 2005

      BUY NOW: http://www.baka.co.uk/shop/pages/albums/haven.htm

      Rubai (CD) (http://www.flook.co.uk/rubai.html) 2002
      Rubai was nominated as Best Album in the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards 2003

      an extraordinarily good record
      fRoots

      head and shoulders above the rest... Magnificent.
      The Irish Times

      one of the essential albums of 2002
      Songlines

      BUY NOW: http://www.baka.co.uk/shop/pages/albums/rubai.htm

      Flatfish (CD) 1999
      Flatfish is, quite simply, one of the most stunning contemporary
      Celtic albums you'll hear this or any other year.
      Songlines

      No frills, no studio gloss, just simple unadorned pleasure from start
      to finish
      The Rough Guide to Irish Music

      a cornucopia of sublime musicianship. Rating: * * * * *
      The Scotsman

      BUY NOW: http://www.baka.co.uk/shop/pages/albums/flatfish.htm

      All Flook albums are also available from iTunes UK

      please reply to this mail, with REMOVE FROM LIST as the Subject
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 19, 2012
        FLOOK NEWS
        Hope this email finds you well and enjoying the summer.
        Our first gig back, at Porthcawl Interceltic Festival in Wales, was a great
        success, and we're now happy to announce some more gigs.
        Thursday 5th July
        ITALY CREMONA
        For more details, please enquire to <info@...>
        Friday 6th July
        ITALY COURMEYEUR
        Celtica Festival
        Peuterey Wood - Val Veny - Valle d'Aosta
        http://www.celtica.vda.it <http://www.celtica.vda.it/>
        http://www.facebook.com/CELTICA.OFFICIAL
        https://twitter.com/#!/CelticaVDA <https://twitter.com/#!/CelticaVDA>
        Saturday 7th July
        ITALY BOBBIO (Piacenza) / Piazza S.Colombano
        Monday 23rd July
        WALES, UK Cardiff
        Roots Unearthed Prom at St Davids Hall
        http://www.stdavidshallcardiff.co.uk/English/Roots-Unearthed-Flook-23/7/12/
        Saturday 18th August
        IRELAND Cavan
        All Ireland Fleadh
        Farnham Arms Hotel, 12 midnight
        http://www.fleadhcheoil.ie/whats-on/nyah-presents-flook-band/
        Sunday 26th August
        POLAND
        Zamek Festival
        http://www.zamekfestival.pl/
        https://www.facebook.com/zamekfestival?ref=ts
        Wednesday 5th September
        SWEDEN V��ster��s
        V��ster��s Concert House
        http://www.vmu.nu/pages/Onsdag_5_September
        If you are a Facebook user, please join us on our Facebook page for more
        regular updates: www.facebook.com/flookquartet
        That's it for now, please keep in touch
        Sarah, Brian, Ed and John Joe X
        _______________________
        FLOOK MAIL ORDER
        Pls enquire to Flook at info@... to purchase this album
        All Flook albums are also available from iTunes UK
        please reply to this mail, with REMOVE FROM LIST as the Subject
      • flookoz
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 13 7:17 AM
          FLOOK NEWS
          Hope this email finds you well. We're happy to announce some gigs for
          2013 - in Germany, England, France and Ireland.
          If you are a Facebook user, please join us on our Facebook page for
          more regular updates: www.facebook.com/flookquartet
          That's it for now, please keep in touch
          Sarah, Brian, Ed and John Joe X
          ____________________________