steve mcdonald fan club newletter

  • granny
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      Newsletter
      Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #47
      Sent October 1, 2009
      Music is the life of the soul,
      It is the harmony of the universe
      Hello, Friends!
      The weekend of October 10th and 11th (both Saturday and Sunday), Dan and I will be selling Steve's CDs all day at the Seaside Highland Games, held at Seaside Park on the Ventura County Fairgrounds in Ventura, CA. Please look for us in the vendor's section inside one of the buildings. For more information, including a link to the official fair site, please visit the "Appearances" page on my website. We hope to see some of you there!
      I have enjoyed meeting many of you at the Scottish Festivals this year--thank you so much for stopping by. I always love chatting with Steve`s fans.
      Please visit the Seaside Highland Games website at
      www.seasidehighlandgames.com

      Also, I want to send out a special thank you to those of you who have sent me the names of venues to contact.
      Steve's wee newsletter blurb
      We had a good break which we both needed, the weather though was not great, only two fine days the whole trip. This is their colder season so couldn't get out in the water as much as we wanted.
      The race went OK, I came third overall, Jos was third in her age group which was less than what she is capable of but she was not up to her usual fitness.
      But we really love Rarotonga and have made some good friends there, so all in it was still really good.
      Went deep sea fishing on my birthday but didn't catch anything, probably just as well as we didn't have room in our bags for a marlin or two.
      Now we're back to the madness all to soon

      A wise man (possibly a woman) once said, "Opportunity only knocks once, but temptation leans on the door bell."
      We here in New Zealand just lost, today 24th September, an icon of our music industry. Sir Howard Morrison was the epitome of the consignment Kiwi singer. he will be sadly missed. It is hard when you lose a loved one and harder when you lose a great one. Rest in peace Howard.
      Steve

      Etherean Music
      Dear Steve McDonald Fan Club Members,
      Etherean Music has had financial challenges for many years, and Steve has stood by us as a true friend and music partner. Our efforts to improve Etherean Music's financial situation have not yet had the results we were hoping for. We are unable to support Steve as we would like. Steve and Etherean Music both agree that giving him all his rights back is the right move so he can pursue a new beginning for his career. Thankfully Jackie has been diligently growing the fan club and promoting Steve's music at numerous Scottish Festivals. I am grateful to be passing on Steve's label management to someone with such a loving and supportive heart and capable hands. We are all working diligently to assure a smooth transition. All CDs can now be ordered through Jackie and Steve McDonald Music and the Fan Club. Thank you for continuing to support Steve and his music. I know Steve is working on a new release, and we wish he and Jackie tremendous growth and success with all the music and the live tour they are working to put together. Like the Scottish spirit, this music will live on!
      With Blessings and Good Wishes,
      Dorie Cofer, GM
      Etherean Music

      What's New?
      LOTS OF THINGS!
      Congratulations are due for Steve! He is a Grandad again!
      Liam Stephen Thomas was born on August 7 to his daughter Amber and her husband Blaine! Liam is a cutie! Come visit his website page and see his pictures!
      As you have already read, Etherean Music is turning Steve's music back over to him, and you will be able to purchase his music through me. Please contact me at
      Jackie@... to order his CDs.
      Steve is going to tour next summer, if I can get enough venues together for him! If you would like to see him and know of any venues near you where he could play, please send the info to me! Let's work together and make this happen!
      Peter Hennig, one of our fan club members, has created some logos that I added to the fan club store for t-shirts and mugs.
      Also, have you all listened to the radio interview with Steve on MaranuiFM on the website? Please click
      www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com and have a listen on the Main Page.
      Check out www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and www.facebook.com and become Steve's friend! Thanks to all of you who have joined his group of friends and left comments on his wall!
      If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or MySpace and Facebook, please write to me and let me know at jackie@... .
      Contests! Contests! Contests!
      Let's get right to it!
      This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
      The Sweepstakes contest winner is this month is Ian McDaniels . Congratulations, Ian! You've won an autographed CD!
      Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

      Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of the new Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend or Scotland the Brave so I can send your autographed CD to you!

      So that was great news for Ian...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!
      There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
      Here is the lyric:
      "For I`ll never see you, again
      And I`ll never please you, again…"
      And I bet those of you who have listened the Sons of Somerled CD already know the answer! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).
      One entry is good for each monthly drawing, so if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?
      We'll be drawing a winner at the end of every month. But all of last month's contest entries have been tossed out. The first of each month the new sweepstakes starts. Go to http://www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com now and fill out the form for a chance to win.

      If you want more information, all of the nitty-gritty details are on the website. Click on over to www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on the Over To You button, then the Sweepstakes button, and get your name in the contest. Best of luck to you all!
      Forum & Topic of the Month:
      Please send in your ideas for our Forum!
      Please write in with any subject about Steve's music, or comment on any that are already up for discussion.
      We have a few subjects that you may add to, or send in your own thoughts!
      Our Forum is a section where members of the fan club can write on any relevant topic, such as Steve's music, concerts, albums, and what you would like on the website. The topics can be chosen by the fans themselves, and you could reply to each other's suggestions and opinions in a thread.
      Also, please keep those Forum Questions for Steve coming!
      He loves to hear from you, and answers all your questions. There are two pages on the Forum, one for questions for Steve (please keep your forum questions to only being about his music, albums and gigs/tours) and one for fan discussions.

      Check it all out at
      www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com and click on the Forum.

      On The Road Contest News
      We need some more of Steve's fans to blow their own horn!

      I know that everyone who loves Steve's music tells their friends about it, and shares his music. C'mon now! Write in and let me know, and I will post your stories, and enter you to win an autographed CD!
      The Steve McDonald On The Road Team is a very special group of Steve's listeners who help promote his music. I know through your e-mails to me that many of you are already doing this by telling friends about his music, posting about his music on message boards, and asking for his CDs in stores. Thank you all for your efforts! We're thrilled by your support, and I'd love to encourage you to continue to spread the word about his music. On The Road Team membership is open to all of his listeners, and benefits include your name listed on the front page of the On The Road Team section of the Fan Club website, and a chance to win autographed CDs in a monthly drawing for On The Road Team members only. Joining is easy...visit the On The Road Team section and click on "Invitation" to see what you need to do. Whether you decide to join the team or not, we appreciate your support!

      Member Spotlight:
      Although "Member Spotlight" on the fan site is not actually new, it's been growing. You can post information about yourself and pictures of your pets there, so check it out and add yourself if you'd like!
      Join us! Join in the fun! Send in your pictures and tell us a little about yourselves for our Member Spotlight pages!
      We would really like to see some more new faces on our Member Spotlight pages! So please everybody, send in a picture and tell us a little about yourself. I know there are more fan club members out there besides the same familiar faces already on our pages! Please join us and say hello! Send us a picture and tell us about yourself! If you have ever seen Steve perform, or had your picture taken with him, please send that along, too!
      That's all for this month
      Please remember that Steve enjoys hearing from all of you, so be sure to send him an e-mail through the fan club at
      admin@... He has asked me to
      "Please assure people that I do read their letters and appreciate them very much."

      If anyone has time and would like to put in their two cents worth with suggestions for anything you would like to see in the club store or have added to the web pages, please email me at
      jackie@... . I am very interested in your feedback!
      And on a final note, feel free to forward this newsletter to friends and/or post it at Celtic friendly music stores on the Internet . Thank you for your support!
      Until next month, I wish you crisp autumn days and many hours of wonderful listening!

      Jackie
      Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh!
      Good health and every good blessing to you!
      PS. Please don't forget to have a look at the attached PDF version of the newsletter, with the added pictures. I will also add it to the newsletter archive page