steve mcdonald fan club newsletter

  • love_of_birds292003
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 2, 2009
      Newsletter
      Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #39
      Sent February 1, 2009
      Music is the life if the soul,

      It is the harmony of the universe

      Hello, Friends!
      This month I am pleased to report the re-release of Steve's first
      Celtic album, Sons of Somerled, "Album of the Year" Winner!
      Be sure to purchase your copy ASAP! I have posted a picture of the
      new packaging in the PDF version of the newsletter, as well as the
      website.
      Steve's wee newsletter blurb
      " My record company, Etherean Music has just re-released Sons of
      Somerled due to demand from distributors which is very welcomed. It
      has slightly new packaging and hopefully will bring onboard a new
      generation of listeners. We hope to do the same with the other titles
      soon. Then I should have the new project ready and possibly a
      Collection or Best Of to follow.
      Things have been slow with the recession kicking in but I feel there
      is now some movement, so fingers crossed.
      I want to thank Arlene Radasky for sending me her book titled "The
      Fox" which she states that my music was of great inspiration to her,
      I thank you for that Arlene and I will enjoy the even more knowing
      this, it looks like it will be a great read.
      Thank you Anne Outterson for the new Scottish calendar, fantastic
      photos, just beautiful, I have been truly spoiled, 'bout time I got
      the new album finished so I can give something back.
      And lastly thank you all who take the time to share all this by being
      part of the fan club. Stay in touch."
      cheers
      Steve
      Etherean Music blurb
      Finally they are here!
      The re-release of Sons of Somerled has arrived!
      The new package is jewel pack. I redesigned the booklet and tray card
      and included some McDonald plaid tartan for you Scottish fans.

      Please let the fan club know that if they call (toll free
      1.888.384.3732) or email (contactus@...) with an order
      request and mention that they are members of the fan club, we'll give
      them free shipping on any orders through Valentine's Day 2009.
      Dorie
      What's New?
      There are a couple of new pages added to the website this month.
      The first contains pictures of the new packaging of Sons of Somerled.
      The link to it is reached on the Main Page.
      www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com/mainpage.html or
      www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com/sons_of_somerled_release.html
      There are also some new pictures of Lui, Steve's grandson. You can
      find it if you click on All About Steve on the Main Page and go to
      It's A Boy or www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com/itsaboy.html
      Etherean Music has put together a new Celtic compilation CD and sent
      some copies to me to give away as contest prizes. Steve was kind
      enough to sign them. The CD is called Scotland the Brave, and has
      several other artists' music, as well.
      The new 2009 fan club calendar is up and for sale in the fan club
      store. It is full of new pics. You might want to at least browse the
      pages, even if you don't want to buy.
      Has everyone checked out Steve's vintage Voyager video, from the
      Spinfield Album? If not, go to www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , Click
      on the Videos and Music button on the Main Page. Then click on the
      blue Sons of Somerled album cover, and go to Spinfield. Or
      www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com/spinfieldtracks.html. I'd enjoy hearing
      your comments.
      I hope you have enjoyed the links on Steve's Bio page: the old
      pictures and band info, and music. Please have a listen to Steve's
      Song of `85 (www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com/winners.html) and I've
      added more tracks from his first solo album recorded in 1980: The
      Riddle and the Rhyme (www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com/reflection.html).
      What do you think?
      Have you visited Steve's MySpace page? It's been a good move, and
      brought many more fans to the club. Many thanks to those of you who
      made the suggestion to me.
      Check it out at www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and become
      Steve's friend!
      If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or
      MySpace, please write to me and let me know at
      jackie@... .
      Contests! Contests! Contests!

      Let's get right to it!

      Forum & Topic of the Month:

      We will start our new Forum. In its place there will be a section
      where members of the fan club can write on any relevant topic, such
      as Steve's music, concerts, albums, and what you would like on the
      website. The topics can be chosen by the fans themselves, and you
      could reply to each other's suggestions and opinions in a thread.
      This month's discussion will be: What is your favorite song from Sons
      of Somerled, and why?
      Also, please keep those Forum Questions for Steve coming! He loves to
      hear from you, and answers all your questions. There are two pages on
      the Forum, one for questions for Steve (please keep your forum
      questions to only being about his music, albums and gigs/tours) and
      one for fan discussions.

      Check it all out at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com

      On The Road Contest News
      We have gotten a few new On The Road members! Please go to page 2 of
      On The Road and meet them!
      Liann Dow, you are this month's winner of an autographed CD! Please
      contact me at jackie@stevemcdonaldfanclub with your address and
      choice of the new Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend or
      Scotland the Brave.
      We need some more of Steve's fans to blow their own horn!
      I know that everyone who loves Steve's music tells their friends
      about it, and shares his music. C'mon now! Write in and let me know,
      and I will post your stories, and enter you to win an autographed CD!
      The Steve McDonald On The Road Team is a very special group of
      Steve's listeners who help promote his music. I know through your e-
      mails to me that many of you are already doing this by telling
      friends about his music, posting about his music on message boards,
      and asking for his CDs in stores. Thank you all for your efforts!
      We're thrilled by your support, and I'd love to encourage you to
      continue to spread the word about his music. On The Road Team
      membership is open to all of his listeners, and benefits include your
      name listed on the front page of the On The Road Team section of the
      Fan Club website, and a chance to win autographed CDs in a monthly
      drawing for On The Road Team members only. Joining is easy...visit
      the On The Road Team section and click on "Invitation" to see what
      you need to do. Whether you decide to join the team or not, we
      appreciate your support!
      This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
      Drum roll, please!
      Congratulations to Pat Cahill, the lucky winner of January's contest!
      You've won an autographed CD! And hey, that's even better than a
      trophy! <grin>
      Please contact me at
      jackie@... with your snail mail address and
      choice of the new Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend or
      Scotland the Brave so I can send your autographed CD to you!
      Those of you who didn't win should not despair. I've still got plenty
      of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month,
      which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off
      entering, now is the time!

      There is a new song for the Sweepstakes! In celebration of the re-
      release of the award winning Sons of Somerled, Here is the lyric:
      "From the Dalriadan line

      Through the centuries there we find…"

      And I bet those of you who have listened the Sons of Somerled CD
      already know the answer! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish
      it could be all of you!).
      One entry is good for each monthly drawing, so if you haven't entered
      yet, what are you waiting for?
      We'll be drawing a winner at the end of every month. But all of
      January's contest entries have been tossed out. February 1st the new
      sweepstakes starts. Go to http://www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com now and
      fill out the form for a chance to win.

      If you want more information, all of the nitty-gritty details are on
      the website. Click on over to www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on
      the Over To You button, then the Sweepstakes button, and get your
      name in the contest. Best of luck to you all!

      Member Spotlight:
      Congratulations, Maria Mercedes Smith! You are the Spotlighted
      Members of the Month!
      "Hello friends, my name's María Mercedes, I write from Chile
      (South America), I'm 3...?? years old and I'm single.
      I saw in YouTube a Southern Gael video
      and I immediately love the music and the places shows it. So I
      started to search about Steve's music and I founded this site
      of friends.
      I'm translating the lyrics slowly because I'm doing an English
      course, I hope some day I'll finish...

      I think the music is a universal language and touch all
      sensibility hearts and I appreciate all work for doing this site
      and share Steve's music.

      Greetings and best wishes from this large and thin peace of
      earth".
      If you wish to see photos, please click on the PDF version of the
      newsletter or
      Please click www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on Over To You and
      Member Spotlight! Get to know Maria, and meet all the others!
      Although "Member Spotlight" on the fan site is not actually new, it's
      been growing. You can post information about yourself and pictures of
      your pets there, so check it out and add yourself if you'd like!

      Join us! Join in the fun! Send in your pictures and tell us a little
      about yourselves for our Member Spotlight pages!
      We would really like to see some more new faces on our Member
      Spotlight pages! So please everybody, send in a picture and tell us a
      little about yourself. I know there are more fan club members out
      there besides the same familiar faces already on our pages! Please
      join us and say hello! Send us a picture and tell us about yourself!
      If you have ever seen Steve perform, or had your picture taken with
      him, please send that along, too!
      That's all for this month
      Please remember that Steve enjoys hearing from all of you, so be sure
      to send him an e-mail through the fan club at
      admin@... He has asked me to
      "Please assure people that I do read their letters and appreciate
      them very much."

      If anyone has time and would like to put in their two cents worth
      with suggestions for anything you would like to see in the club store
      or have added to the web pages, please email me at
      jackie@... . I am very interested in your
      feedback!
      And on a final note, feel free to forward this newsletter to friends
      and/or post it at Celtic friendly music stores on the Internet .
      Thank you for your support!
      Have a Happy Valentine's Day this month! Get your sweetie their new
      copy of Sons of Somerled along with the flowers and chocolate!
      Jackie
      PS. Please don't forget to have a look at the attached PDF version of
      the newsletter, with the added pictures. I will also add it to the
      newsletter archive page
    • love_of_birds292003
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 3, 2009
        Newsletter
        Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #41
        Sent April 1, 2009
        Music is the life of the soul,

        It is the harmony of the universe

        Hello, Friends!
        This Saturday and Sunday, April 4-5, I'll be selling Steve's CDs at the Bakersfield Scottish Festival at Bakersfield College in California. And again at the Las Vegas, Nevada Games, April 18-19, at Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs. Please stop by the Steve McDonald Fan Club booth, say hello and support Steve! You'll find me in the vendor's area. For more information, please click on

        www.kernscot.org and www.lasvegascelticsociety.org
        Steve's wee newsletter blurb
        "Getting colder here in NZ and the recession doesn't help, but the feeling here is getting more positive as I hope it is in your country, too.
        Once confidence levels start to climb we will see economic improvement. Meanwhile it's a matter of hanging on to what you have until the storm abates.
        Still struggling along slowly with the new album, should be back in the studio early next month with HOPEFULLY the remainder of the songs to finish the project with, been a long haul. I want to thank those who made some song suggestions fro the new album, I have listened to the songs you have suggested and there are a couple of possibles, won't say what they are as yet, but definitely food for thought. Thanks heaps, I really do appreciate your input.
        Take care, everyone."
        Steve
        Etherean Music blurb
        Finally they are here!
        The re-release of Sons of Somerled has arrived!
        The new package is jewel pack. I redesigned the booklet and tray card and included some McDonald plaid tartan for you Scottish fans.

        Please let the fan club know that if they call (toll free 1.888.384.3732) or email (contactus@...) with an order request and mention that they are members of the fan club.
        Dorie
        What's New?
        There are some new pictures of Steve and The Rockit Brothers added to the website this month.
        Etherean Music has put together a new Celtic compilation CD and sent some copies to me to give away as contest prizes. Steve was kind enough to sign them. The CD is called Scotland the Brave, and has several other artists' music, as well.
        Scotland the Brave, as well as the new release of Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend and Light from A Distant Shore will be for sale at vendor booth at the Scottish Festivals.
[...]

        We have started our new Forum!
        Please check our the new comments!
        It is a section where members of the fan club can write on any relevant topic, such as Steve's music, concerts, albums, and what you would like on the website. The topics can be chosen by the fans themselves, and you could reply to each other's suggestions and opinions in a thread.

        Check it all out at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com and click on the Forum.

        Evelyn Spiller, you are this month's winner of an autographed CD! Please contact me at jackie@stevemcdonaldfanclub with your address and choice of the new Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend or Scotland the Brave.
[...]

        This month's Sweepstakes winner is Kimberly Anderson of Mountlake Terrace, Washington. Congratulations to you, Kimberly! You're the winner of an autographed CD!
        Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of the new Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend or Scotland the Brave so I can send your autographed CD to you!

        So that was great news for Kimberly...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!

        There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
        Here is the lyric:
        "Often times, when I was young

        Then we would dance and play, oh yesterday…"

        And I bet those of you who have listened the Highland Farewell CD already know the answer! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).
        One entry is good for each monthly drawing, so if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?
        We'll be drawing a winner at the end of every month. But all of last month's contest entries have been tossed out. The first of each month the new sweepstakes starts. Go to

        http://www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com now and fill out the form for a chance to win.

        If you want more information, all of the nitty-gritty details are on the website. Click on over to
        www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on the Over To You button, then the Sweepstakes button, and get your name in the contest. Best of luck to you all!

        Member Spotlight:
        Congratulations, Tony Keen! You are the Spotlighted Member of the Month!
        www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on Over To You and Member Spotlight! Get to know Tony, and meet all the others!
[...]

        Once again, I send my very best to you and all your loved ones. The world seems to be in a precarious place right now, but it's in difficult times like these that friendships and family mean the most. Thank you so much for your support and interest in Steve`s music. Until next time, I wish each and every one of you a year full of health, love, and dreams come true.
        Jackie
        Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh!
        Good health and every good blessing to you!
        PS. Please don't forget to have a look at the attached PDF version of the newsletter, with the added pictures. I will also add it to the newsletter archive page
      • granny
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 4, 2010
          Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #50
          Sent January 1, 2010
          Music is the life of the soul,
          It is the harmony of the universe
          Hello and Happy New Year to all!
          I can hardly believe it's 2010 already!
          I hope this finds everyone healthy and enjoying the new year, and that your holidays were special, filled with family and friends and good cheer.
          Steve's wee newsletter blurb
          "Just want to say a big seasons greetings to all and to wish you a happy and peaceful New Year.
          Huge thank you to everyone who sent in best Xmas wishes that really made my day, so thoughtful and inspiring to carry on and get more music into the world.
          I wish you all happiness and love"
          Steve
          What's New?
          And we'll raise our glass to a prosperous New Year for Steve McDonald Music!
          2010 calendars are now available in the Fan Club Store just in time for the New Year! They're Stevetastic! One is full of pictures of Steve, and the other is a Scottish calendar, with photos supplied by fellow fan club member, Anne Outterson! Please go to the store page and flip through the pages--I'm sure you'll love them! Along with the t-shirts, mouse pads, coffee mugs and posters.
          You can also purchase Steve's CDs through me. Please contact me at
          Jackie@... to order.
          If you live outside the United States, please contact Aquarius International Media to buy Steve's music email
          Gunakar@...
          Steve is going to tour next summer, if I can get enough venues together for him! If you would like to see him and know of any venues near you where he could play, please send the info to me! Let's work together and make this happen!
          Also, I want to send out a special thank you to those of you who have sent me the names of venues to contact.
          Check out www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and www.facebook.com and become Steve's friend! Thanks to all of you who have joined his group of friends and left comments on his wall!
          If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or MySpace and Facebook, please write to me and let me know at jackie@... .
          Contests! Contests! Contests!
          Let's get right to it!
          This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
          Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner is Kelly Hollis of Louisville, Kentucky. Congratulations, Kelly! You've won an autographed CD!
          Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of the new Sons of Somerled, Highland Farewell, Legend, Scotland the Brave or A Highland Christmas so I can send your autographed CD to you!
          Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

          So that was great news for Kelly...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!
          There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
          Here is the lyric:
          "We walk a lonely road
          Or so I have been told…"
          And I bet those of you who have listened the Legend CD already know the answer! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).
          One entry is good for each monthly drawing, so if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?
          We'll be drawing a winner at the end of every month. But all of last month's contest entries have been tossed out. The first of each month the new sweepstakes starts. Go to http://www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com now and fill out the form for a chance to win.

          If you want more information, all of the nitty-gritty details are on the website. Click on over to www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on the Over To You button, then the Sweepstakes button, and get your name in the contest. Best of luck to you all!
          Forum & Topic of the Month:
          Please send in your ideas for our Forum!
          Please write in with any subject about Steve's music, or comment on any that are already up for discussion.
          We have a few subjects that you may add to, or send in your own thoughts!
          Our Forum is a section where members of the fan club can write on any relevant topic, such as Steve's music, concerts, albums, and what you would like on the website. The topics can be chosen by the fans themselves, and you could reply to each other's suggestions and opinions in a thread.
[...]

          Check out the pages and please JOIN US!
          That's all for this month
          Please remember that Steve enjoys hearing from all of you, so be sure to send him an e-mail through the fan club at
          admin@... He has asked me to
          "Please assure people that I do read their letters and appreciate them very much."

          If anyone has time and would like to put in their two cents worth with suggestions for anything you would like to see in the club store or have added to the web pages, please email me at
          jackie@... . I am very interested in your feedback!
          And on a final note, feel free to forward this newsletter to friends and/or post it at Celtic friendly music stores on the Internet . Thank you for your support!
          That's all for now. I wish each and every one of you a 2010 full of health, love, and dreams come true.

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2010
            Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #53
            Sent April 1, 2010
            Music is the life of the soul,
            It is the harmony of the universe

             Happy Spring, Everyone!
            And a very happy Easter, as well!

            On Saturday and Sunday, April 17 & 18, I'll be at the Las Vegas Highland Games, held at Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs in Las Vegas, Nevada.
            You'll find me in the vendor area at The Steve McDonald vendor booth, along with my husband, Dan, selling Steve's CDs. There is a charge to get
            into the festival, but you can also see Highland Dancing competition Scottish Country Dancing, Highland Athletic Competitions, piping and drumming, and other Scottish entertainment . . . not to mention lots of men in kilts! <g>
            Steve's wee newsletter blurb
            Not much to say this month as I have been head down, bum up working on stuff unrelated to music, but I feel I'm sufficiently charged up to knuckle down into some good writing, want to change a few things on the new album (which is now almost the old album as it has taken sooooooo long)
            Can see light at the end of the tunnel.
            cheers
            Steve
            What's New?

            There is a new website on the horizon! I am building it now. It should be ready soon. Does anyone have any ideas for something new?

            Stone of Destiny is being pressed and available for sale again. I have a few available now. The new ones will have a new package.

            Steve's CDs are available on the website and through me. Please contact me at Jackie@... to order.
            If you live outside the United States, please contact Aquarius International Media to buy Steve's music email Gunakar@...

            I've been trying to set up a tour for Steve, but haven't had much luck so far getting anyone to commit. I will keep trying. If you would like to see him and know of any venues near you where he could play, please send the info to me! Let's work together and make this happen!
            Also, I want to send out a special thank you to those of you who have sent me the names of venues to contact.

            Check out www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and www.facebook.com and become Steve's friend! Thanks to all of you who have joined his group of friends and left comments on his wall!
            If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or MySpace and Facebook, please write to me and let me know at jackie@... .
            Contests! Contests! Contests!
            Let's get right to it!

            This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
            Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner is Jan Lyons of Aurora, Colorado. Congratulations, Jan! You've won an autographed CD!
            Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of Steve's CDs so I can send your autographed CD to you!
            Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

            So that was great news for Jan...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!

            There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
            Here is the lyric:
            "Back in an ancient century when the Irish Celts set sail
            Up to the Pictland Isles came the Scottish Gael…"
            And I bet those of you who have listened the Stone of Destiny CD already know the answer! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).
[...]

            Congratulations, Peter Hennig!
            You are this months winner! And I would like to share your letter with everyone in the fan club.
            "Over the Christmas time I was hospitalized. On the New Year's Eve I was at home again. Now all is all right.
            This time I took all Steve's CD's with me in the hospital. On Christmas Eve one of the hospital
            nurses placed a cd- player in the hospital hall and all patients heard the cd `Winter in Scotland'.
            By all problems it was a good Christmas Eve nevertheless. So works a member of the "On
            road team". Of course the hospital nurses had to hear all Steve's CD's in this time."

            Peter also made a fan club logo and we've put it in the store. He asked me,
            "I am interested to hear about the resonance about the new logo. How to sales the cups and shirts?"
            Please have a look in the store and give Peter some feedback.

[...]

            Until next time, enjoy spring...and happy listening!
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 2, 2010
              Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #56
              Sent July 1, 2010
              Music is the life of the soul,
              It is the harmony of the universe

              Dear friends and fan club family,
              I hope you're having a wonderful summer, listening to Steve's music as you relax in the sun or do your chores!
              Welcome to all our new newsletter subscribers and fan club members who signed up on the website, and through contests, or however you managed to get yourself on this list!

              My big news this month is Steve has finished the new album! More about it in his blurb!

              The Fan Club website has a new look. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I hope you all enjoy it.
              Also, if any of you would like to host a house concert for Steve, please get in touch with me at jackie@... and I will let you know what it entails.
              Steve's wee newsletter blurb
              "Made a rough mix of the new album which will be titled "Ballads & Battles". Was going to be 'Battles & Ballads" but there are more ballads than battles, so that sorted that one out. As I say, it is in "rough mix status" so will have to wait until early September to be mastered, which is a shame as I wanted it finished to take to Europe, but pointless rushing it through at this stage. I'm pleased with the songs, and hope to make it available through the club by October. Cheers, and the next news blurb will be sent from somewhere in Europe."
              Steve
              What's New?

              A new section for the newsletter was suggested by one of our members, Deborah Robinson. She wanted a spot featuring different Highland Games throughout the country. So, here it is:
              Round Hill Scottish Games--Norwalk, Connecticut
              www.roundhill.org

              Grandfather Mountain Highland Games--Linville, North Carolina
              www.gmhg.org

              Elizabeth Celtic Festival--Elizabeth, Colorado
              www.elizabethcelticfestival.com

              Pacific Northwest Highland Games & Clan Gathering--Seattle, Washington
              www.sshga.org

              Check out the new website look! It's been remodeled.
              Does anyone have any ideas for something new?

              Steve's CDs are available on the website and through me. Please contact me at Jackie@... to order.
              If you live outside the United States, please contact Aquarius International Media to buy Steve's music - email Gunakar@...

              Check out www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and www.facebook.com and become Steve's friend! Thanks to all of you who have joined his group of friends and left comments on his wall!
              If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or MySpace and Facebook, please write to me and let me know at jackie@... .
              Contests! Contests! Contests!
              Let's get right to it!

              This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
              Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner isMichael Zeal. Congratulations, Michael Zeal! You've won an autographed CD!
              Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of Steve's CDs so I can send your autographed CD to you!
              Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

              So that was great news for Michael...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!

              There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
              Here is the lyric:
              "Here in the glen, where the love never ends
              And the sun filters down, through the mountains..."
              We'll be drawing a winner at the end of every month. But all of last month's contest entries have been tossed out. The first of each month the new sweepstakes starts. Go to http://www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com now and fill out the email form for a chance to win.

              If you want more information, all of the nitty-gritty details are on the website. Click on over to www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on the Sweepstakes button, and get your name in the contest. Best of luck to you all!

[...]

              The Steve McDonald On The Road Team is a very special group of Steve's listeners who help promote his music. I know through your e-mails to me that many of you are already doing this by telling friends about his music, posting about his music on message boards, and asking for his CDs in stores. Thank you all for your efforts! We're thrilled by your support, and I'd love to encourage you to continue to spread the word about his music. On The Road Team membership is open to all of his listeners, and benefits include your name listed on the front page of the On The Road Team section of the Fan Club website, and a chance to win autographed CDs in a monthly drawing for On The Road Team members only. Joining is easy...visit the On The Road Team section to see what you need to do. Whether you decide to join the team or not, we appreciate your support!

              Member Spotlight:
[...]

              Happy summer (I can't believe it's July already!), and happy summer listening!
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 1, 2010
                Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #57

                Sent August 1, 2010

                Music is the life of the soul,

                It is the harmony of the universe

                Dear Fan Club Family,

                Summer is here and it's been good. Dan and I went to Yosemite for a 10 day vacation last month, then we spent a few days at Pismo Beach for our anniversary. It is wonderful to have all the family home again, (my son and his wife and 4 kids have moved back to California from Hawaii!) and we have had so many great times together!
                Whatever you are doing this summer, whether listening to Steve's music as you relax in the sun or doing your chores I hope it is fun and memorable.
                Steve's wee newsletter blurb
                Steve reporting from northern Poland.. Have met some really nice people in Hungary, Cheq rep. and Poland. Traveling to Berlin tomorrow. Have a couple of gigs to do in Hamburg, Jackie will post venues asap. Internet is dicey up here so will go before this message gets lost in space. Cheers, and peace
                Steve

                What's New?

                If any of you would like to host a house concert for Steve, please get in touch with me at jackie@... and I will let you know what it entails.

                Check out the new website look! It's been remodeled. I've done some work on it and now the music is playing! Also, there is a nice surprise video on the Spinfield page under BONUS TRACKS. It is a video of Voyager, that Steve did waa-aay back in 1989! Enjoy!
                Does anyone have any ideas for something new?

                Steve's CDs are available on the website and through me. Please contact me at Jackie@... to order.
                If you live outside the United States, please contact Aquarius International Media to buy Steve's music - email Gunakar@...

                Check out www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and www.facebook.com and become Steve's friend! Thanks to all of you who have joined his group of friends and left comments on his wall!
                If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or MySpace and Facebook, please write to me and let me know at jackie@... .
                Contests! Contests! Contests!
                Let's get right to it!

                This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
                Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner is Joe McAdams! Congratulations, Joe! You've won an autographed CD!
                Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of Steve's CDs so I can send your autographed CD to you!
                Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

                So that was great news for Joe...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!

                There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
                Here is the lyric:
                "There in a timeless land a long time ago
                A warrior stood with his sword held high
                To war he would go..."
[...]

                Happy rest-of-the-summer!
                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 1, 2010
                  Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #60
                  November 1, 2010
                  Music is the life of the soul,
                  It is the harmony of the universe

                  Dear Fan Club Family,

                  Thank you SO VERY MUCH much for all the many kind e-mails about Ballads and Battles. Knowing so many of you are enjoying Steve's newest CD sure gives me the warm fuzzies! I am still receiving new, wonderful reviews, such as:
                  "It is a great mixture of love songs, so nice he sang to his wife, Songs of Scotland. I get so inspired when I listen to his music, it is magic." Arlene R.
                  "We got the new CD and we absolutely love it. It is one of the best ones released so far." Matt T.
                  I would like to make a book for Steve with all of your thoughts on Steve's new Album. So please send me your reviews!
                  Steve's wee newsletter blurb

                  Well. now that the new album is out, I suppose it's time to start the next one!? Don't I get a break here? Really I need time to recharge the batteries but i will be focusing on new concepts, if you have any ideas please let me know. The great thing about inspiration is, you never know where it's going to come from next, so, I will just lay about the place in a very relaxed fashion while you lot, YES, I MEAN YOU!!! can figure out for me what the hell I'm going to attack next. Would love some feedback.cheers and good health.
                  Steve

                  What's New?
                  There is now music on the Sweepstakes page of the website! This month's song is from the new album, Ballads and Battles. Have a listen and tell me the name and win an autographed CD!

                  BALLADS AND BATTLES should be available at all music stores starting
                  today. If you don't see it on the shelves, please ask a manager or
                  someone at the information desk where you might find it. Sometimes
                  hardworking sellers can get really busy and be a little late getting
                  new CDs out of the cartons and onto the shelves. But if that is the
                  case, they should be able to get a copy out of their storeroom for you.
                  And if by some chance they don't have it there, either, please ask
                  them to order one for you (and extras for them to sell would be nice,
                  too!). Please tell them to contact me at (661) 400-8016.

                  If any of you would like to host a house concert for Steve, please get in touch with me at jackie@... and I will let you know what it entails. I am working on a brochure at the moment to sent out to anyone who is interested, and would be happy to help you in any way that I can.
                  Steve's CDs are available on the website and through me. Please contact me at Jackie@... to order.
                  If you live outside the United States, please contact Aquarius International Media to buy Steve's music - email Gunakar@...

                  Check out www.myspace.com/stevemcdonaldfanclub and www.facebook.com and become Steve's friend! Thanks to all of you who have joined his group of friends and left comments on his wall!
                  If anyone has an idea for something new to add to the website or MySpace and Facebook, please write to me and let me know at jackie@... .
                  Contests! Contests! Contests!
                  Let's get right to it!

                  This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
                  Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner is Patty Pinto of San Diego, California! Congratulations,Patty! You've won an autographed CD!
                  Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of Steve's CDs so I can send your autographed CD to you!
                  Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

                  So that was great news for Patty...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!

                  There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
                  Here is the lyric:
                  "There is a place, `neath the long white cloud,
                  where oceans hold hands and time speaks aloud.."
                  And those of you who have listened Steve's newest CD, Ballads and Battles, already know the answer! If you would like to hear this song, be sure to stop by the Sweepstakes page and listen! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).

                  We have a new winner this month! John White from Annandale, Va! Thanks for sharing Steve's music with your friends, John! Please contact me at jackie@... with your choice of an autographed CD by Steve McDonald!
[...]

                  I wish all of you in the United States a heartwarming Thanksgiving, and all of you everywhere a month of health and happiness.
                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 1, 2011
                    Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #63
                    February 1, 2011
                    Music is the life of the soul,
                    It is the harmony of the universe

                    WHO WANTS TO MEET STEVE McDONALD THIS SUMMER?
                    Well, he is touring the United States and all you have to do is
                    host a house concert!
                    Here are some confirmed, and some pending dates and places
                    if you want more info, please contact me
                    June 18 ~ Palmdale, California
                    June 25 ~ Blackfoot, Idaho
                    July 9-10 ~ Payson Scottish Festival and Highland Games - pending
                    July 16 ~ Portland Highland Games - pending
                    July 23 ~ Lancaster, California

                    As more dates are confirmed I will keep you informed
                    Steve's wee newsletter blurb
                    Jackie and I are working on the tour for late June - July and it looks like it is a happening thing. We have several gigs in the mix and few more on the way. There's a couple of Celtic festivals that Jackie is finalizing now so they will be posted on the club site shortly.
                    If any of you have friends that you think might want to do a house concert let Jackie know.
                    All the best
                    Steve
                    What's New?
                    HOSTING A HOUSE CONCERT, THAT'S WHAT!
                    Bring Live Music Into Your Own Living Room!
                    People who love live music and a low-key, chill atmosphere are bringing singer/songwriters into their homes for House Concerts across the nation. Here's how to get started hosting live living room music.
                    It's as easy as 1-2-3!
                    Step 1: What Home is Right for a House Concert
                    A host will want to fill at least 20 chairs for a show and more would be even better. People who host house concerts regularly are able to seat 20-50 people, though House Concerts can be much larger if a home is big enough to accommodate more. Before moving forward with a House Concert, a host should feel confident that they can not only set up,
                    but fill at least 20 chairs for the show.
                    Step 2: Set a Date
                    When picking a date for a House Concert, a host should choose a date that will work well for everyone.
                    Step 3: Get the Word Out
                    Remember, a host's goal is to have at least 20 people show up for the concert and ideally closer to 40 or 50 people. So, they need to get the word out about the amazing opportunity they're offering. Start with email.
                    Send out an e-mail buzz to live music loving friends telling them about the show and the artist. Include a picture of the artist and biography information, too. If a host feels comfortable opening their home to the
                    public, they should contact local media and tell them about the event. If they would like to keep the concert to family and friends, skip the media and focus on word-of-mouth advertising to get people interested in the show.
                    Rules of Hosting a House Concert
                    House Concerts are a growing trend and anyone can host one, but there are a few simple rules to follow to make sure everyone has a good time. Here are the rules of hosting a House Concert.
                    #1 The Setup
                    An average House Concert will have an audience of 20-50 people and a home needs to be ready to accommodate them. To fit that many people into a home, move regular house furniture to the sides of the living room and, hopefully, do the same in a connecting dining room, kitchen or family room. Then, bring in more seating. Often, a host can borrow extra seating from a local church or just call on neighbors to loan Set the chairs up in rows, just like a regular concert, leaving room for the musician at the head of the "stage" in the living room or family room. The venue must be able to
                    supply:
                    a.) Electricity (110volts) at point of performance
                    b.) A safe and secure environment
                    c.) If out doors, a canopy or roof sufficient to protect Steve and his equipment from sun and rain. The venue needs to be responsible for noise
                    control, which includes any complaints from neighbors to police etc.
                    Be sure the audience will be able to see Steve, as this is an important part of the House Concert. When setting up an outdoor House Concert, a host
                    can choose to either provide chairs for the audience or ask them to bring their own.
                    #2 Admission Fee
                    Performance fee will be based on $20 per person ( under 16 years free ) with a minimum performance fee of $400, which ever is the greater.
                    A deposit of $100 at time of booking is required to secure the booking. Deposit will be deducted from the performance fee. In the event of a cancellation, deposits will be refunded up until three weeks prior to performance date. After this the deposit will become non-refundable to defray expenses. if the performer cancels the performance at any time prior to the performance then the deposit will be refunded.
                    #3 Announce the Artist
                    Before Steve begins performing, a host should do an introduction for him. Thank the audience, thank Steve and snag a few good lines from his
                    biography to get the crowd primed for a good show. Also, tell the crowd that House Concerts thrive on a listening audience. Ask the audience to please keep their talk to a minimum while Steve is performing. They will have plenty of time to chat during the break between sets and after the show.
                    Duration of performance will be at the discretion of the entertainer, however, a typical performance will be, two 45 minute sets with intermission between sets.
                    #5 Enjoy
                    Having a musician perform in a living room is a unique experience, soak up the fun!

                    Contests! Contests! Contests!
                    Let's get right to it!

                    This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:
                    Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner is Kori Jacobs! Congratulations, Kori! You've won an autographed CD!
                    Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of Steve's CDs so I can send your autographed CD to you!
                    Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

                    So that was great news for Kori...but how about the rest of you, now that last month's sweepstakes is over? Well, those of you who didn't win should not despair: I've still got plenty of prizes, and I'm going to continue to give one away each month, which means more opportunities to win! So if you've been putting off entering, now is the time!

                    There is a new song for the Sweepstakes!
                    Here is the lyric:
                    "Through an age of fighting men
                    When sword was mightier than pen
                    There lived a clansman bold and true
                    The very one our name came through.."
                    And those of you who have listened to Steve's first CD, Sons of Somerled, already know the answer! If you would like to hear this song, be sure to stop by the Sweepstakes page and listen! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).
[...]

                    Before I let you get back to your shopping and wrapping and baking and all-around-celebrating, I want to wish you the happiest of holidays and a joyful 2011. See you next year!
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 31, 2012
                      Steve McDonald Fan Club Newsletter #79

                      June 1, 2012

                      Music is the life of the soul,

                      It is the harmony of the universe

                      Hello Everybody ~

                      A big welcome to all our new fan club members, and a special "hello" to those of you I met at the Costa Mesa Highland Games last month! I had a great time chatting with you all.

                      Here is a list of Steve's tour:

                      July 21 ~ Palmdale, Ca

                      July 22 ~ Bakersfield, Ca. (pending)

                      July 28 ~ Blackfoot, Idaho

                      August 4 ~ Port Ludlow, Wa

                      August 5 ~ Casey's Pub, Belfair, Wa

                      August 9 ~ Belfair, Wa

                      August 10 ~ Port Ludlow Resort, Wa

                      August 11 ~ Whidby Island Games, Wa

                      August 18-19 ~ Belfair, Wa

                      August 25 ~ Selah, Wa

                      August 26 ~ Irishtown Pub, Vancouver, Wa

                      August 27 ~ Gresham, Or

                      Sept 1-2 ~ Pleasanton Games, Pleasanton, Ca

                      My house concert will be held in Palmdale on Saturday, July 21. You're all invited! Please come and meet Steve and hear him sing!

                      Email me for details!

                      Steve's wee newsletter blurb

                      " Just putting the final touches on a "Best Of" CD so will have copies available for the 2012 U.S. tour. A new CD is still a way off and looks more likely for next year now.

                      Moving into winter downunder so it will be good to get some Californian sun in July. Will be posting the details of a New Zealand tour for early next year soon as well. (Can't tell you too much about it as yet) but will cover a lot of smaller towns, should be a fun tour. cheers all."

                      Steve

                      What's New?

                      Matt Tanner has created DVDs of Steve's performances last summer at the Monterey Games. If you are interested in purchasing one, they are $15.00 plus shipping and handling. Please email me directly at jackie@....

                      Please visit the website store. You will find it in the menu at the top of the page. There is an array of Steve McDonald items you may enjoy. If you would like to see something that is not there, please contact me and let me know. I will try to get it for you.

                      Please visit the Summer Tour 2011 pages on the website. I have added videos to several pages, which I hope you will enjoy.

                      I have also posted some videos on YouTube. Let me know what you think!

                      Contests! Contests! Contests!

                      Let's get right to it!

                      This Month`s Sweepstakes Winner:

                      Our newest Sweepstakes contest winner isDerek Davy from New York! Congratulations, Derek! The correct answer is I Will Return from Sons of Somerled! You've won an autographed CD!

                      Please contact me at jackie@... with your snail mail address and choice of Steve's music CDs so I can send your autographed CD to you!

                      Those of you who didn't win are entitled to a big, disappointed :::sigh:::. However, the good news is that a brand-new contest is already up and running at www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com . Read the lyric excerpt, and name the song it is from to get your name in the drawing.

                      Here is the lyric:

                      "And so we must leave our land

                      Forget, all our hopes and plans

                      And sail far away cross the sea..."

                      And those of you who have listened to Steve's third Celtic CD, Highland Farewell, already know the answer! If you would like to hear this song, be sure to stop by the Sweepstakes page and listen! Best of luck to everyone who enters (I wish it could be all of you!).

                      One entry is good for each monthly drawing, so if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for?

                      We'll be drawing a winner at the end of every month. The first of each month the new sweepstakes starts.

                      If you want more information, all of the nitty-gritty details are on the website. Click on over to www.stevemcdonaldfanclub.com , click on the Sweepstakes button, fill out the emil form for a chance to win. Best of luck to you all!

[...]

                      Have Anything You'd Like To Say To Steve?

                      Please remember that Steve enjoys hearing from all of you, so be sure to send him an e-mail through the fan club at admin@... He has asked me to

                      "Please assure people that I do read their letters and appreciate them very much."

                      If anyone has time and would like to put in their two cents worth with suggestions for anything you would like to see in the club store or have added to the web pages, please email me at jackie@... . I am very interested in your feedback!

                      And on a final note, feel free to forward this newsletter to friends and/or post it at Celtic friendly music stores on the Internet . Thank you for your support!

                      That's All For This Month

                      I wish you all the best for 2012...stay warm and happy listening!

                      Jackie and Steve