ATHBHLIAN FAOI MHAISE DUIT!...HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  • rhymersclub
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2007
      A Druidic friend wished me and my friends "Athbhlian faoi mhaise
      duit",which translates as "A prosperous New year!" to you,in IRISH (of
      course,

      So,that's what im wishing you,whether youre Druids or irish,or even
      just my friends.....

      Slan,

      Charlie aka Cuchullain

      Minden,La/formerly of Chicago,Il
    • Celtic Ways
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008
        Though pronunciations vary so much around the country
        when our neighbours greet the new year with
        "Athbhlian faoi mhaise duit"

        it has a pronounciation that I can best spell as
        "avleen fwee washah ditch"

        I hope that helps some you to re-enact the New Year greeting.

        John of Celtic Ways