Re: Anuna!! Tour and TV special!

  • Bernadette
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007
      Anúna's "Celtic Origins" is the Number One Best Selling CD at Borders®

      ANN ARBOR, Mich., July 30, 2007 – Borders' top selling CD nationwide
      for the week is "Celtic Origins" by the Irish musical group Anúna.
      Borders is excited to be the exclusive CD retailer for Anúna's North
      American tour which kicks off on October 3 in Columbus, Ohio. But
      Borders customers can experience the mystical sounds of this group
      first in the United States during live in-store performances at
      Borders stores across the country before the tour begins. Currently,
      Anúna is touring Borders stores in the East Coast and Midwest before
      they make their way to the West Coast in late August. Customers can
      visit www.bordersmedia/anunaevents for a complete list of Anúna's
      in-store performances in their neighborhood.

      "We are thrilled with the success of Anúna's 'Celtic Origins' CD,"
      said Linda Jones, senior vice president, merchandising for Borders
      Group, Inc. "Our customers have responded enthusiastically to Anúna's
      unique vocal sounds through the in-store performances and CD of this
      Irish musical group. We anticipate the momentum for this CD to
      continue to grow stronger as Anúna tours Borders stores across the
      country."

      The "Celtic Origins" CD boasts 19 songs and includes music written and
      composed by Anúna creator and founder Michael McGlynn as well as
      special arrangements of traditional songs including: "Greensleeves,"
      "Scarborough Fair," "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls" and "Our
      Wedding Day." The CD closes in tribute to the late American folk
      singer and songwriter John Denver with a very special duet version of
      Denver's chart-topping hit, "Annie's Song."

      Anúna will mark its U.S. television feature debut in a spectacular
      Public Television concert special set to air August 1 as part of the
      August and September national pledge drive effort. The members of
      Anúna were first seen on Public Television as the original vocal group
      featured in "Riverdance." Since forming Anúna in 1987 the group has
      seen tremendous chart-topping European success and international acclaim.

      "The sales for the 'Celtic Origins' CD have been tremendous for the
      first two weeks," said Elevation Group President and Executive
      Producer, Denny Young. "The sales numbers we have accomplished through
      Borders is an extraordinary achievement for a non-pop group relatively
      unknown in America until last week and whose Public Television concert
      special has yet to air."

      http://www.myspace.com/anuna

      --- In CelticCafe@yahoogroups.com, "Bernadette" <Celtica@...> wrote:

      > Hi, all! I can't believe it... I'm going to finally see Anuna IN
      > PERSON!!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!! And so can you, if you live in or near one
      > of the many cities on their U.S. tour, starting July 23rd in Boston,
      > and ending on August 21 in Arizona. They're doing a BORDERS bookstore
      > promotional tour!
      >
      > Then they come back in the fall for a concert tour! :-)
      >
      > Anuna's official website is at: http://www.anuna.ie but if you go to
      > their MySpace page, you'll immediately see a list of the tourdates,
      > and hear those incredible voices:
      >
      > http://www.myspace.com/anuna
      >
      > Also, WLIW is going to have the premiere of their concert DVD on
      > Monday, August 13 at 9 pm! For more info, go to the WLIW website at:
      >
      > http://www.wliw.org
      >
      > The following is from a press release:
      >
      > ANUNA: CELTIC ORIGINS: The original vocal group from Riverdance
      > bridges the gap between classical and popular music with its pure,
      > haunting, emotional and mystical sound in a new concert special.
      > Spanning more than 1,000 years of music history, Anuna's 16 singers
      > and 11 world-class musicians perform an ethereal blend of Irish,
      > British, Middle English, Scots Gaelic, Medieval Irish, Latin and Greek
      > choral music, including well-known popular songs. During the program,
      > Anuna founders, twin brothers Michael and John McGlynn, explain the
      > origins and meanings of the group's music. The Gothic beauty of
      > Cleveland's Trinity Cathedral, combined with dramatic lighting,
      > costumes, candles and movements, provide an atmospheric setting for
      > the concert. During the broadcast, WLIW will provide details about a
      > special opportunity to see the group's October concert at Town Hall
      > with a special post-concert meet & greet. Anuna is led by
      > founder/composer Michael McGlynn and chorus master Miriam
      Blennerhassett.

    • Bernadette
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
        Exciting news for Anuna! Woohoo! :-)
        From their MySpace page:

        "Anuna : Celtic Origins" has been soundscanned at number one this week
        in the Nielsen Soundscan World Music Charts. To put this in context -
        the last chart placing we had in the USA was in 1995 for "ANUNA" - we
        got to number 11 in the Billboard World Music Charts...

      • Ayne
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26, 2007
          Deirdre Shannon also has a new forum
          http://www.deirdreshannon.net/forum/