CD Baby artists helping New Orleans

  • groups@barrymccabe.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi All,

      Just a quick word from me to say that some CD Baby artists have set up
      something at CD Baby to help the people involved in the New Orleans
      disaster. We have decided to donate all monies from our CD sales to the
      relief efforts. In other words, Derek forwards all monies owed to us
      directly to the American branch of the Red Cross. The good thing about
      doing it this way is that the money will get there fast and in lump sums.
      I think this is a lot better and more efficient than us trying to do it
      ourselves from all over the world.

      There will be a special section on the CD Baby front page called "For
      Charity", with a Red Cross behind it. I don't know if it's up yet but I'd
      imagine it should be real soon if not already. All the artists in that
      section will be donating their sales money.

      So if you were thinking of buying a gift for someone special now might be
      a very good time to do it. Wouldn't it be lovely if your 'gift' was part
      of something that helped to save a life. Thanks!
      Peace
      Barry
      P.S. Direct links to my albums at CD Baby are;
      http://cdbaby.com/cd/bmcband => The Peace Within
      http://cdbaby.com/cd/bmcband2 => Absolutely Live Vol. 1
      http://cdbaby.com/cd/bmcband3 => Absolutely Live Vol. 2