RE: [Celt] receiving Holy Communion

  • Thomas Simmons
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 1, 2002

      Also, Thom... the facts do not suggest that it was a simple hand breaking of bread either.

      This is one fo those few places where I am unstintingly uncompromising.  The Last Supper was a seder, there was a liturgy and procedure to follow, and tehre is no reason to think it was done in some strange way outside of the Jewish tradition.  I have read Bp. Ware's writings suggesting that it was nota seder, and I found the points to be "blinded by partsinship" at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.   I will never be convinced that when Christ "broke bread and gave it to his disciples" that he did anything other than just that, modern liturgucal apologetics notwithstanding.

      thom
    • Liam Galligan
      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 2, 2002
        I thought we were dropping this?