Re: copyright [was: Re: [CayceReadings] "Arcturus is the highest civilization in our galaxy"]

  • ken
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
      Mike,

      My email wasn't pointed at you. I just wanted to provide my little bit
      of knowledge about copyrights to bring hope that it might soon be much
      easier to get answers to our Cayce questions.

      On 08/08/2011 01:44 PM aumsparky@... wrote:

      > good info on copyright. cayce died in 1945, 66 years ago, many of
      > the readings were published decades before. in either cayce, one need
      > not fear karma by breaking such a law, to help many. [case]
      > as said, the readings can be found online already. my point was
      > directed to the A.R.E., about ethics, not law or money.
      >
      > mike

    • dinesh
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2011
        well,it is like someone gains access to the library through my membership, or it is like I borrow a book from the library and a friend reads it before I return it...I am not sure what laws are broken unless he copies certain parts from the book and uses it as his own, or quotes in a book authored by him without taking permission from the ARE..

        --- In CayceReadings@yahoogroups.com, <aumsparky@...> wrote:

        > good info on copyright. cayce died in 1945, 66 years ago, many of the readings were published decades before. in either cayce, one need not fear karma by breaking such a law, to help many. [case]
        > as said, the readings can be found online already. my point was directed to the A.R.E., about ethics, not law or money.
        >
        > mike

      • onifade oluwole
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 9, 2011
          Hello Everyone

          I have been reading with keen interest the back and forth between Mike and Ken and i think its time to revert back to the issue at hand, being all the way out here in Nigeria, i myself haven't had the opportunity of reading or acquiring any of the full readings my info is based largely on fragments that kind people have been willing to share either via the internet or other written/spoken media i think the A.R.E should make these documents more accessible to the human family as its doctrines and precepts are universal in nature, that said;  Some of us are highly interested in understanding E.C's take on Arcturus and other worldly visitors to our neck of the woods. For example i noticed that when E.C was commenting on WWII and its eventual outcome, he stated that "...unless there is an intervention by 'supernatural forces' active in the affairs of men, the world must soon be set on fire ..." who or what are these supernatural forces, are we correct in assuming that they are UFOs, Angels, inner earth dwellers, the brotherhood of light etc does anyone out there have an idea of what E.C was hinting at?
        • cheapthrills
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 9, 2011

            Exatly, Mike. Back in the early 80's I joined the ARE and was thrilled to pay the cost of an associate membership and mailing for both circulating files and library books.

            Then ARE went south... following the big money, yellow (gold) brick road. Priced me right out of membership of any kind, denied me access to the readings and discouraged me about the purpose of the ARE.

            I have no reservations about the purpose nor the legitimacy of the readings and do wish they were more easily and widely available.

            Earlier mention of a searchable CD (There is a CD available for purchase which contains all the Cayce readings ... which can be searched - Thanks, Ken, any info?)of all 1400 readings seems hard to believe (maybe more than 1 CD)? is encouraging and I will look into it.

            Al

            --- In CayceReadings@yahoogroups.com, <aumsparky@...> wrote:

            > good info on copyright. cayce died in 1945, 66 years ago, many of the readings were published decades before. in either cayce, one need not fear karma by breaking such a law, to help many. [case]
            > as said, the readings can be found online already. my point was directed to the A.R.E., about ethics, not law or money.
            >
            > mike

          • Nick ASAP
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 9, 2011
              Wow, could you quote the reading that talks about the world must be set on fire?

              I don't think it can be stopped. We are way out of control. I have my  personal issues also.

              As I understand it War has a huge impact on how we think as a whole mind, or universal mind. The energy that is put into the atmosphere with bombs cause a large down grade in mans state of vibration.

              Remember Cayce asked for no Money for his readings. Only donations. I don't think that the actual readings themselves are under copy write laws.