Re: [CayceReadings] Cayce's 1998 Predictions

  • The Elf
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2006
      I am a believer but, I also read where all predicted future events were made dependent upon existing conditions at that moment in time. Man is the variable and how he behaves can accelerate or delay or even stop events from happening. OK, Am I trying to widen the gap and say the predicted events are still going to happen?  No, just explaining what I read and what I remember EC saying when he changed the dates of some things he had earlier predicted.
      Clint "The Elf" Swalley

      Subject: [CayceReadings] Cayce's 1998 Predictions

      Hi Everyone,

      I'd like to wrap up my posts which examined Cayce's various 1998 prophecies.  These posts (which include the readings excerpts) are reproduced at the end of this message for reference.

      Here is a summarized list of the key ideas expressed within the readings in question:

      1. Earth changes associated with and culminating in a pole shift were to occur between 1958 and 1998.  (378-16, 3976-15)
      2. Within this forty year period of changes the "first portions" of Atlantis were to rise in 1968 and 1969. (698-1, 958-3)
      3.  The rest of Atlantis was to rise in 1998 -albeit "gradually"? . (1602-3, 378-16)
      4.  Jesus Christ was predicted to return in 1998. (5748-5, 378-14, 378-16, 3976-15 )
      5. Cayce/Ra Ta was supposed to return (or reincarnate? ) in 1998. (294-151, 2285-1)
      6.  The Hall of Records would be available circa 1998. (378-16)

      The internal consistency amongst these readings is remarkable, and cannot be discounted  The connections are made explicit between the opening of the Hall of Records, catastrophic earth changes, the rise of Atlantis, the return of Jesus Christ, and these events are interwoven within the same readings and ultimately tied together by the pivotal year of 1998.  However, despite this wonderful consistency, the predicted events did not occur in this reality, not in this timeline.  Does that mean that they never will?  It would be foolish to leap to that conclusion, but I am extremely skeptical about the unfoldment of specific, geophysical catastrophes described in these readings because the dates are obviously wrong, and so the rest of the data associated with them is suspect as well.

      For those Cayce "true believers" who insist that '58-'98 are only "marker years" before "the beginning" of catastrophes :

      1. Why would a range of dates, and not one date be used to mark the supposed beginning of earthchanges?
      2. If the catastrophes were to happen after 1998 (and 2006,  the present) then why wouldn't the source give the correct date or correct decade if the intention is to warn people? Isn't that the purpose and value of prophecy? Wasn't Cayce's prime directive to help people?
      3. Are we to believe that no subtle earth changes or volcanism happened before 1958 or after 1998?? What's the true value and significance of these particular years?
      4.  How could Atlantis (and its temple of records) rise back to the surface in 1968, 1969 and 1998 without a poleshift crustal displacement?
      5. Why would Jesus Christ return in 1998 if the severe "Tribulation" earthchanges had not occurred first?
      6. Why would Ra Ta (Cayce) need to return in 1998 to be a "LIBERATOR of the world" unless this world were in trouble?

      In my view, questions four and five cannot possibly be reconciled with the "marker year" scenario because Atlantis and Jesus are thoroughly  integrated into the poleshift readings!

      When making a study of the nature and role of the subconscious mind as well as the tools for influencing it such as subliminal affirmations, neuro-linguistic programming, and hypnosis,  one finds the basic, fundemental concept that repetition and emotional intensity deeply impress the subconscious.   Add this to the fact that Edgar Cayce was a passionate, Southern Baptist who read and memorized the Bible constantly.  His psychic readings could be influenced by his subconscious mind, by the conscious and subconscious minds of his clientele, and other people present for a reading.  Some of these people were Rosicrucians and others interested in pyramidology and I believe that Cayce telepathically absorbed information from these people and blended it with his own Christian beliefs about the Apocalypse and behold! We have catastrophic earth changes as part of a poleshift in 1998, and Christ's return after this geophysical "Tribulation" !  And what better time for Cayce himself to return so that he can use his formidable abilities to help out!

      This is not to say that all of Cayce's readings are bull by any means, nor to deny his extraordinary talents, but it's admitted by nearly every Cayce scholar that a percentage of his channeled information was completely incorrect.  Even Cayce's own sons explored this subject in one of their books The Outer Limits of Edgar Cayce's Power:
      http://edgarcayce. com/outerlimits. html
        Some Cayce scholars are very heavily invested (intellectually, emotionally, and even financially) in the earthchange readings and so its difficult (if not impossible) for them to ever admit that some of the popular, linchpin earthchange readings in their theories may be erroneous.  Aside from these earthchange enthusiasts,  there are also many people who treat Cayce as if he were an infallible saint, and his readings as Gospel! They perform incredible mental feats in an attempt to explain away errors and discrepencies in the readings rather than accepting them as part of the margin of error within the whole.

      In my study of Cayce's readings about  ancient history I have found  a few inconsistencies and contradictions and most of these have to do with dates.  This has led me to speculate about Cayce's difficulties in accurately translating dates from his various sources into our current Gregorian calendar system.   They may be represented differently in the Akashic records, or that kind of information just may not be available leaving Cayce's subconcious faculty to fabricate such data.  Whatever the case, 1998 has come and gone as has 2000 and 2001 (other poleshift "markers" if you will)  and we have yet to witness the manifestation of any of Cayce's prophecies for our future.  Thankfully.

      Warmest Regards,
      Paul

      Let's take a look at the Cayce readings which speak of the rising of Atlantis back to the surface. We begin with this rather interesting fragment about Bimini:

      (Q) "Could the well in Bimini be promoted and reconstructed? [GD's note: Mrs. [587] told EC that after her Life Rdg. she had flown to Bimini and had found a fresh water well marked, or walled around the top, with stones of peculiar composition and strange symbols.] "
      (A) "There has been much given through this source [996] [996-12] as to how that particular portion of what was the Atlantean period might be developed. For it could be established as a center for two particular purposes; a regeneration for those with certain types of individual ailments (not only from the well, or water from same, but from the surrounding waters - because of the life in same), and a center for archaeological research. And as such activities are BEGUN, there will be found much more gold in the lands under the sea than there is in the world circulation today!

      Also aid may be induced from the varied societies that have been formed for the study of geological and archaeological activities, or such. For much will be found.

      And, as may be known, when the changes begin, these portions will rise among the first."
      698-1 given 10-17-34

      PB: Cayce's source tells us that the Bimini region is a remnant of Atlantis, and that "much will be found" archeologically with respect to that fact. When earth changes commence, the shallows surrounding these islands will be tectonically elevated -but when?

      "And Poseidia will be among the first portions of Atlantis to rise again. Expect it in sixty-eight and sixty-nine ('68 and '69); not so far away!" 958-3 given 6-28-40

      PB: The parallel in language concerning "first portions" to what was stated about Bimini rising in the previous reading excerpt displays an unmistakable correlation between the two.

      So many Atlantologists have equated this reading to the discovery of the "Bimini Road" in 1968 and interpreted the rising symbolically, but the Bimini Road is now being proved to be a more recent, non-Atlantean construct. Some accretion has occurred in the area superficially creating the appearance of a subtle elevation but this scarcely qualifies to fulfill the dramatic predictions about the former Atlantean landmass and its temples rising above the waters as part of major earth changes indicated by other readings.

      As we all know, such events did not occur in 1968 and 1969, but this next reading cites a different date altogether:

      (Q) "Three hundred years ago Jacob Boehme decreed Atlantis would rise again at this crisis time when we cross from this Piscean Era into the Aquarian. Is Atlantis rising now? Will it cause a sudden convolution and about what Year?"
      (A) "In 1998 we may find a great deal of the activities as have been wrought by the gradual changes that are coming about. These are at the periods when the cycle of the solar activity, or the years as related to the sun's passage through the various spheres of activity become paramount or Catamount [?] [Tantamount? ] to the change between the Piscean and the Aquarian age. This is a gradual, not a cataclysmic activity in the experience of the earth in this period."
      (Q) "Can a date be given to indicate the beginning of the Aquarian Age?"
      (A) "This has already been indicated as the period when it should pass, but that is when it begins to affect. It laps over from one to another, as is the natural sources, as he holds to that which has been, which is. As has been indicated, we will begin to understand fully in '98." 1602-3 given 9-22-39

      PB: Three days after this reading (above), Cayce gave the often quoted and popular reading which listed three Atlantean record repositories:

      "It would be well if this entity were to seek either of the three phases of the ways and means in which those records of the activities of individuals were preserved, - the one in the Atlantean land, that sank, which will rise and is rising again; another in the place of the records that leadeth from the Sphinx to the hall of records, in the Egyptian land; and another in the Aryan or Yucatan land, where the temple there is overshadowing same." 2012-1 given 9-25-39

      Here we are told Atlantis is rising now (meaning 1939) and obviously quite "gradually" as well perhaps with a more extreme and final upliftment to the surface due to occur in the future (1968 or 1998)??

      In this next reading for the Atlantean record keeper who was associated with the Giza Hall of Records in Egypt we are told that 1998 is part of a range of dates for earth changes. Atlantis and its temple of records will rise because of a shift in the polar axis of the earth:

      "For, these were to be kept as had been given by the priests in Atlantis or Poseidia (Temple), when these records of the race, of the developments, of the laws pertaining to One were put in their chambers and to be opened only when there was the returning of those into materiality, or to earth's experience, when the change was imminent in the earth; which change, we see, begins in '58 and ends with the changes wrought in the upheavals and the shifting of the poles, as begins then the reign in '98 ...
      ...the records that are as copies from the sunken Atlantis; for with the change it must rise (the temple) again. "
      378-16 given 10-29-33

      PB: This exact same range of dates is repeated in another earth change reading given in the following year:

      "As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanos in the Torrid areas, and there will be shifting then of the poles - so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in '58 to '98..." 3976-15 given 6-19-34

      PB: That "land will appear off the east coast of America" is certainly a reference to Atlantis rising as Bimini and the Grand Bahama Bank is right off the coast of Florida.

      There were NO dramatic earth changes from 1958 to 1998. Cayce "believers" on both sides of the earth changes controversy maintain that these are important "marker years" which catastrophists prove with various charts and graphs showing increased volcanism while uniformitarians hold this as evidence that the changes really were so "gradual" that they are, or were, virtually imperceptible to the public at large and will continue to be so.

      Cayce's source offered some more pole shift dates:

      (Q) "What great change or the beginning of what change, if any, is to take place in the Earth in the year 2,000 to 2,001 A.D.?"
      (A) "When there is a shifting of the poles. Or a new cycle begins." 826-8 given 8-11-36

      PB: By Cayce's sources, Atlantis was supposed to rise in 1968 and 1969 or 1998. The pole shift earth change was supposed to happen in 1998 or 2000/2001. Other earth changes were predicted to occur in the '30's and '40's as well , but ALL of these dates are inconsistent to the predicted events (and fortunately for us) totally incorrect about them as well! Perhaps a clue to why these predictions failed to manifest lies in this reading:

      (Q) "Are the physical changes in Alabama predicted for 1936-38 to be gradual or sudden changes?"
      (A) "Gradual."
      (Q) "What form will they take?"
      (A) "To be sure, that may depend upon much that deals with the metaphysical, as well as to that people called actual or in truth! for, as understood - or should be by the entity - there are those conditions that in the activity of individuals, in line of thought and endeavor, keep oft many a city and many a land intact through their application of the spiritual laws in their associations with individuals. This will take more of the form here in the change, as we find, through the sinking of portions with the following up of the inundations by this overflow." 311-10 given 11-19-32

      PB: Here Cayce tells us that our spiritual vibration affects earth changes. On the other extreme, numerous readings about Atlantis explain how negative attitudes contributed to earth changes such as this one:

      "From time as counted in the present we would turn back to 10,600 years before the Prince of Peace came into the land of promise, and find a civilization being disturbed by corruption from within to such measures that the elements join in bringing devastation to a stiffnecked and adulterous people." 5750-1 given 11-12-33

      PB: So here's one more reason to live a spiritually- centered life and to practice love and faith which moves us closer to our Source/God/Spirit while letting go of our fears and doubts which move us away from it.

      Cayce's psychic talents were better suited to reading the past and present in order to help people with their physical and psycho-spiritual issues, and I do not believe that he was meant to be a prophet or a saint in that lifetime. With his clairvoyant abilities he could locate bottles of medicine hundreds of miles away and so, in that respect, I believe that his Hall of Records readings are true for they are about static elements (rooms and artifacts) within a prophecy which are simply there, and these have now been verified!  Sonar and radar scans have confirmed the "connecting chambers" beneath the Sphinx at Giza described in one of the Egyptian readings, and Archeo-astronomical research shows that the Giza monuments reflect the 10,500 bc date given by Cayce for the commencement of construction at Giza by the Atlanteans.
      I believe that we have every reason to be optimistic about discovering Atlantis and its records in the very near future whether it ever rises again in our lifetimes or not!

      There are some Cayce readings that mention the Second Coming of Christ and a couple of these tie into the Hall of Records and Great Pyramid prophecies.
       It's also important to note that Edgar Cayce himself was a Christian.

      Sometimes Christian scripture (and therefore Cayce too) refers to Jesus as "the Son of Man", the human incarnation of God.  The New Testament of the Christian Bible contains a prophecy for Jesus' eventual return to Earth.   I found  four Cayce readings that reference the date for this return in 1998.  The first one is very straightforward and concludes a reading about the prophetic timeline symbollically represented within the structure of the Great Pyramid where Jesus and John the Baptist were apparently initiated as well:

      "In this same pyramid did the Great Initiate, the Master, take those last of the Brotherhood degrees with John, the forerunner of Him, at that place. As is indicated in that period where entrance is shown to be in that land that was set apart, as that promised to that peculiar peoples, as were rejected - as is shown in that portion when there is the turning back from the raising up of Xerxes as the deliverer from an unknown tongue or land, and again is there seen that this occurs in the entrance of the Messiah in this period - 1998."   5748-5 given 6-30-32

      PB:   The next reference was made at the end of a reading which detailed the sealing ceremony of the Atlantean Hall of Records in Giza, Egypt.  The hollow, metal pyramidion (or capstone) of either the smaller "Pyramid of Records" or of the Great Pyramid was struck like a gong:

      "The ceremony was long; the clanging of the apex by the gavel that was used in the sounding of the placing. Hence there has arisen from this ceremony many of those things that may be seen in the present; as the call to prayer, the church bell in the present, may be termed a descendant; the sounding of the trumpet as the call to arms, or that as revelry; the sound as of those that make for mourning, in the putting away of the body; the sounding as of ringing in the new year, the sounding as of the coming of the bridegroom; all have their inception from the sound that was made that kept the earth's record of the earth's building, as to that from the change.
      The old record in Gizeh is from that as recorded from the journey to Pyrenees; and to 1998 from the death of the Son of Man (as a man)."   378-14 given 9-26-33

      PB:  "Gizeh" and "the Gizeh" were pet names used by Cayce in a few instances to refer to the Great Pyramid, and again its prophetic timeline is described here.  Alternatively, the "old record" is in the Hall of Records describing the Atlanteans' migration from their initial colony in the Pyrenees to Egypt, and presumably the details of every other significant, historical event since then and leading up to Christ's return.  The phraseology of it is peculiar, but it definitely ties into what was given in the previous year about the Great Pyramid., and to an allusion made in the following month for the same individual, Mr. 378:

      "For, these were to be kept as had been given by the priests in Atlantis or Poseidia (Temple), when these records of the race, of the developments, of the laws pertaining to One were put in their chambers and to be opened only when there was the returning of those into materiality, or to earth's experience, when the change was imminent in the earth; which change, we see, begins in '58 and ends with the changes wrought in the upheavals and the shifting of the poles, as begins then the reign in '98 (as time is counted in the present) of those influences that have been given by many in the records that have been kept by those sojourners in this land of the Semitic peoples."    378-16 given 10-29-33

      PB: The Hall of Records can be opened only when the Atlantean priests reincarnated and just before earth changes which culminate in a pole shift in 1998.  Then the "reign" of Christ begins.  Semitic is a term usually used to describe a family of languages of which Hebrew is one, but often it has been incorrectly used to describe Jewish ethnicity.  The "sojourner's records" in "Semitic lands" may refer to the Essenes or to other Christians living near Palestine and their holy scripture which probably included the Apocalyptic Revelation of Jesus given to his disciple John.  This book describes Christ's return, his defeat of evil, and his subsequent 1000 year reign:

      "And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again, until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection. On such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6.)

      PB: As I pointed out in a previous post, the same range of dates for a pole shift was given by the entity that claimed to be the "Archangel Halaliel" and who spoke through Cayce, and again Christ's return is alluded to again at the close of those dates:

      "As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America.  There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanos in the Torrid areas, and there will be shifting then of the poles - so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in '58 to '98, when these will be proclaimed as the periods when His light will be seen again in the clouds. As to times, as to seasons, as to places, ALONE is it given to those who have named the name - and who bear the mark of those of His calling and His election in their bodies. To them it shall be given."   3976-15 given 1-19-34

      PB: Not only does the information given here correlate to the other readings quoted thus far, it matches many parts of the New Testament:

      "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” (Matt. 24: 29-30)
      "For the Lord Himself will descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." (Thessalonians 4:16, 17)
      "Behold, He cometh with clouds, and every eye shall see Him." (Revelation 1:7)

      PB:  Somehow, everyone will see the luminous Christ in the sky -there's no missing this event.  Why does Cayce place Christ's return directly after catastrophic, pole shift earth changes?  Because the Biblical Revelation indicates a time of "Tribulation" , of great upheaval, war, famine, plagues and lots of catastrophic earth changes before Christ's triumphant return.  Here are some examples from the "Judgments" of the Tribulation period:

      "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. " (Rev. 6:12-15)
      "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;"  (Rev 8:7-8)
      "And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, [and] so great. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found." (Rev. 16:18,20)

      PB:  Are we getting the picture yet?  The waking Cayce was a hard-core Baptist who read the Bible completely through once per year.  Shall we pretend that this fact didn't influence the readings -A LOT-  in this case?  The "Tribulation Judgements" of the Apocalypse match up well with the dire earth changes described by Halaliel through Cayce. Only a shift of the earth's polar axis could cause lands to sink and the super-powerful earthquakes as described in the Revelation!

      Let's have a look at Cayce/Ra Ta's return:

      "Is it not fitting, then, that these must return? as this priest may develop himself to be in that position, to be in the capacity of a LIBERATOR of the world in its relationships to individuals in those periods to come; for he must enter again at that period, or in 1998.
      In and with these became the preparing of the Temple Beautiful for a more perfect place of preservation of those things that were to make known later in the minds of peoples, as the changes came about in the earth, the rise and fall of the nations were to be depicted in this same temple that was to act as an interpreter for that which had been, that which is, and that which is to be, in the material plane."  294-151 given 7-29-32

      PB:  What's wrong with the world in 1998 that it would need a "liberator" like Ra Ta back on the scene? Well by Cayce's sources "all hell's breaking loose" then! [That saying is derived from the Revelation, btw]
      Now let's look at the mysterious end of Ra Ta:

      "With this again brought contentions among the civil and political factions of the land. This again brought the disturbing forces in Ra, and there came then that period when all the pyramid or memorial was complete, that he, Ra, ascended into the mount and was borne away."   294-152 given 7-29-32

      PB:  That seems familiar doesn't it?  Jesus left the earth in the same way:

      "And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was departing, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them; and they also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.”  (Acts 1:6-11)

      PB: Jesus ascended to Heaven from Mount Olivet (as tradition holds) near Jerusalem.  Jesus ascended and was to return in 1998.  Ra Ta ascended and is to return in 1998 -as a "liberator of the world".  There does seem to be a messianic parallel here -don't you think?

      PB: Look at this website which tracks most of the public predictions ever made about the end times, and many of these are hilarious!
      http://www.abhota. info/end4. htm

      Hi All,

      Below is an analysis of the earth change predictions by a Virginia Beach astrologer who goes by the handle "Dr. Starman" (to protect his identity as a college math professor).  It was originally posted to the defunct Hall of Records list and to the A.R.E .Clinic's Edgar Cayce Forum several years ago.  I don't endorse all of the opinions expressed in this study, but it offers a very interesting perspective on failed and/or yet unmanifested predictions and the incredible distortions some authors have made from them over the years.

      What I found particularly interesting, is that some pyramidologists came up with end dates (in various interpretations) of 1936,1958, and 1998 for the timeline of man measured in "pyramid inches" and expressed in the internal passages and rooms of the Great Pyramid..  Is it a coincidence that Cayce predicted upheavals for these years, or that his clientele were students of this material, and that Cayce's source explained that clients subconsciously influenced the readings?  There are no coincidences and now I think we know why these dates failed -because they weren't truly from the source!  Enjoy.

      My Best,
      Paul

      STARMAN:
      *******Well, here's the first one of the "earth changes" predictions for us to discuss here. There are about 30 all together. What I did over the years was, I went in and arranged all the "earth changes" predictions that came through Cayce's Source, in chronological order----- the reason why being that, as you can see from the notations and supplementary material attached to the readings, Gladys and the others around Edgar quite naturally built up their own perspective of what these meant, through quoting them to each other---- but I wanted to see just EXACTLY what was said, verbatim, and WHEN----stripped of any layers of interpretation that had gathered around them. I got quite a few surprises doing so and uncovered a lot of misunderstandings, and even found some outright distortion of plain meanings in the books, as you'll see.

          The first recorded predicting of any "earth changes" in the Edgar Cayce Readings appears to be in 1926, when the source of the information predicted earthquakes in California between Oct. 15th and 20th; see readings 195-32 and 195-33 for details. Some people today say these happened, some that they didn't. I won't go into that here, but that was about all there was until 1932, when, in the midst of doing physical and life readings for individuals and occasional general ones on world goings-on, Cayce's source in trance began speaking of a catastrophe coming in 1936.

        Here's how it came about. Remember, until this time there had never been anything said about great earthquakes, pole shifts, Atlantis rising again etc.---- all that was to come in the future.

      1. First  Prediction: 1936 "Catastrophe"

          In reading 3976-10 (given on Feb. 8th, 1932), in answer to a question on world affairs, the source of the information in the Readings said a nation (Italy) would be  "broken" soon, but NOT "before the catastrophes of outside forces to the earth in '36, which will come from the shifting of the equilibrium of the earth itself in space, with those of the consequential effects upon the various portions of the country or world affected by same." That was it: no more was said, and I believe no follow-up questions were asked.

           Now, we in the waking state are inclined to separate things like earthquakes from social and political events; but according to many long-time students of the readings, their point of view from the trance state seems to consider all of it as intertwined. As a result, many have concluded the 1936 "catastrophe" was the start of the Second World War, the events leading up to which certainly began in 1936, and which did eventually result in the 'breaking' of
      Italy.

         But as to what "outside forces" acted into our earth in 1936 and what the shifting of its equilibrium in space meant, we have no idea. Certainly no shift of any physically measurable kind happened in the earth's axis.  If one believes the Readings were describing something correctly, then the problem is what was meant. Could it be that the universe around us is connected with the interior of the earth, and that the change occurred deep in the interior in some way?

         At any rate, if a physical axis shift and catastrophe was what was meant, it certainly never happened. The earth's axis continued to shift at the same slow rate it had for ages before 1936, about 50 seconds of longtitude a year.
      No change.

      2. South Pacific/Mt. Etna and the North Atlantic Seaboard

          Next, in reading 311-8, given 4/9/32, Cayce was asked a few questions by a Rosicrucian who apparently already believed "something was coming" from his study of the teachings of the Rosicrucians (the AMORC branch). Without either Cayce in trance or his subject having previously mentioned anything like "earth changes", the man suddenly asked:

      Q-12: "How soon will the changes in the earth's activity begin to be apparent?"
      A-12: "When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea (that's South Pacific, to be sure), and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Aetna area, then we may know it has begun."
      Q-13 "How long before this will begin?"
      A-13 "The indications are that some of these have already begun, yet others would say these are only temporary. We would say they have begun. '36 will see the greater changes apparent, to be sure."
      Q-14: "Will there be any physical changes in the earth's surface in North America? If so, what sections will be affected, and how?"
      A-14: "All over the country we will find many physical changes of a minor or greater degree. The greater change, as we will find, in America, will be the North Atlantic Seaboard. Watch New York, Connecticut, and the like."
      Q-15: "When will this be?"
      A-15: "In this period. As to just when---"

          And then the source apparently refused or was unable to give any specific date. Note, however, that it repeated 1936 as a turning point, just as in the reading on Italy.

         From the way in which the question was suddenly asked, it would appear that the man was asking about something already known about by the initiates of the Rosicrucian organization to which he belonged. Cayce's source implied in an answer to another question a few minutes later that this time period of the 1930's was being taught by the Rocicrucians as being one of great change, although the source of the information in the Readings judged it to be
      only the start of a period of changes:

           Q-17 "Is the Rosicrucian Order (AMORC) fully aware of the impending changes in the earth's activities, and is it taking proper steps to meet these conditions?"
       A-17 "This, to be sure, would involve many of those that are secrets, or for many of only initiates for this particular order. There is being a concerted effort to warn those of that particular trend of thought in the direction, though the period as is mostly given, as we find, BEGINS then and goes on - rather than being the period of the greater change, as is being taught by these - see? Some of these, it's best not to give, for we would involve others; for some here are not initiates!"

          So in other words, the predictions of great "earth changes" didn't originate out of the blue with Cayce's source. AMORC was teaching the 1930's to be a time of great "changes in the earth's activity" already---- but the Readings said the initiates of that group were wrong, that the time of change would only BEGIN then. (In fact, there had been such predictions years before, as we'll see when we talk about the Great Pyramid and its interpreters, amongst whom were some Rosicrucians, which Cayce started giving readings about a few months after this one.)

          It seems doubtful as to whether now, at the start of the twenty-first century, this reading should still be quoted as referring to our future. The source of the information said some changes have already begun and the greater ones will be apparent by the already-mentioned "turning point" of 1936.  The "South Sea/South Pacific" and Mt. Aetna remark, appears to refer to something to happen "in this period", around 1936 as well, though many books still quote it as referring to our future. If the prediction of physical changes in New York & Connecticut was for that time period of circa 1936, it was a clear miss: no changes like earth movements occurred, nor were there any land movements in the Mediterranean or the South Seas, for that matter.

           But an alternative interpretation might be that the "conditions" breaking up in the South Pacific and around Mt. Aetna, referred to Italy's beginning the war and Japan beginning to dominate the Pacific, and the "sinking or rising" referred to POLITICAL "rise" and "fall" going into the turning-point year of 1936. Not until the last two questions was Cayce asked about PHYSICAL changes, remember---- about which he had previously, up to this point, said nothing at all.

          If any of this should be quoted for the future, it would seem to be the prediction of great change in the North Atlantic Seaboard; but "in this period" without a date, could mean that the time is not yet fixed but still dependent on what will happen in this period of change beginning in 1936 and ending---who knows when?

      3. The "Pyramid Prophecies" According To Edgar Cayce

         On June 30th and July 1st, 1932, Cayce gave the first of his readings on the Great Pyramid (5748-5 & 5748-6). The Pyramid is a vast topic and can only be briefly touched on here, but we have to go into it a little to understand how it was said to predict the future, and therefore what the Cayce Readings were commenting on.

          As background, for over 200 years the Great Pyramid has fascinated scientists, as it was discovered to have the value of "pi" built into it long before the first independent thinkers in ancient Greece seem to have discovered this, and to be almost perfectly oriented to the four points of the compass, besides its sheer size and the precision of the cutting of its limestone and granite blocks. During the nineteenth century, a number of students of it believed they had found connections to Biblical numberology and prophecy, and a whole movement had arisen in England called "British Israel", arguing that ancient Britons were descended from some of the legendary "lost tribes" of Israel and that there was therefore a connection between the English and the Jews. (This movement is said by some to have been very influential in the British treatment of Palestine once the British Empire took control of it, or even in how the Empire pursued taking it from the Turks.) Part of the "proof" of this connection was the interpretation of various facets of the Great Pyramid, which was said to be connected somehow to both the Hebrews and ancient Britons.

            As part of the prophetic tenor of the day, the inner passages of the Pyramid had been interpreted as an allegory of man's history, with a downward sloping passage down to a certain point symbolizing the Fall of Man, then the upward-slanting passage symbolizing Christ's redeeming work.

             Part of the reasoning for this was the discovery that the unit of measurement used in the Pyramid was apparently an "inch" almost identical to the British inch. By measuring the passages using so-called "pyramid inches", a time-line of history was created, which showed according to various interpreters that mankind was coming to a time of tribulation and then a final end---the tribulations being the First World War and the Depression, and then the time-line was said to enter the last or "King's" chamber in the Pyramid about 1936, and reach its end about 1958 (or 1998, depending on whose interpretation you read).

           In these first 2 readings, Cayce's source confirmed the theory that the history of Man was indeed somehow portrayed in the passages through the Great Pyramid.

               "In those conditions that are signified in the way through the pyramid, as of periods through which the world has passed and is passing, as related to the religious or the spiritual experiences of man - the period of the present is represented by the low passage or depression showing a downward tendency, as indicated by the variations in the character of stone used.  This might be termed in the present as the Cruciatarian Age, or that in which preparations are being made for the beginning of a new sub-race, or a change, which - as indicated from the astronomical or numerical conditions - dates from the latter portion or middle portion of the present fall [1932].  In October there will be a period in which the benevolent influences of Jupiter and Uranus will be stronger, which - from an astrological viewpoint - will bring a greater interest in occult or mystic influences.
          At the correct time accurate imaginary lines can be drawn from the opening of the great Pyramid to the second star in the Great Dipper, called Polaris or the North Star.  This indicates it is the system toward which the soul takes its flight after having completed its sojourn through this solar system.  In October there will be seen the first variation in the position of the polar star in relation to the lines from the Great Pyramid.  The dipper is gradually changing, and when this change becomes noticeable - as might be calculated from the Pyramid - there will be the beginning of the change in the races.  There will come a greater influx of souls from the Atlantean, Lemurian, La, Ur or Da civilizations. These conditions are indicated in this turn in the journey through the pyramid."  (5748-6)

          Apparently no one knew enough astronomy to point out that Polaris is not in the Great Dipper but the Little Dipper, where it is the first star, not the second; nor did anyone know enough to ask about why, from an astrological standpoint, Jupiter and Uranus would be strong when they were not making any aspect at all to each other in Oct. 1932; nor enough to ask what the changing "character of stone used" in the Pyramid meant, as it is apparently the same stone all through the inner passages; nor to ask other questions to clear up these statements, which make no sense at all as they stand. With the lack of any follow-up questions in the Readings, we are left with unsolved mysteries.

      4. Alabama Sinking In 1936-1938

          About this time, the Readings also forecast the sinking of part of Alabama for the same Rosicrucian (Mr. # 311) who asked about earth changes before.

      Reading 311-9, 8/6/32:
      Q-29: "Are there to be physical changes in the earth's surface in
      Alabama?"
      A-29: "Not for some period yet."
      Q-30: "When will the changes begin?"
      A-30: "Thirty-six to thirty-eight. "
      Q-31: "What part of the State will be affected?"
       A-31: "The northwestern part, and the extreme southwestern part."

             And a follow-up by the same person on 11/19/32 (Reading 311-10)
      produced this exchange:
      Q-14: "Are the physical changes in Alabama predicted for 1936-38 to be
      gradual or sudden changes?"
      A-14: "Gradual."
      Q-15: "What form will they take?"
      A-15: "To be sure, that may depend upon much that deals with the metaphysical as well as to that people called actual or in truth! For, as understood-- -or should be by the entity---there are those conditions that in the activity of individuals, in line of thought and endeavor, keep oft many a city and many a land intact through their application of the spiritual laws in their associations with individuals. This will take more of the form here in the change, as we find, through the sinking of portions with the following up of the inundations by this overflow."

           So the predicted events could be changed by things people were thinking and doing; and they must have been, to the believer, because no such sinking ever occurred in Alabama.

         To the skeptic, though, since this could be an excuse used for any wrong prediction, this one would have to be judged a clear "miss".

      5. Pole Shift: First Prediction

          Many A.R.E. folk have taken it as gospel that Cayce predicted a shift of the earth's poles, a truly cataclysmic event, in 1998 or at least in the near future. Actually, the Readings appear to have mentioned a pole shift only 3 times. The first was in Reading 378-16, given 10/29/33, for a person who was said to have been involved with the sealing of the Temple of Records under the Giza complex of the Pyramids and Sphinx.

         "...these were to be kept as had been given by the priests in Atlantis or Poseidia (Temple), when these records of the race, of the developments, of the laws pertaining to One were put in their chambers and to be opened only when there was the returning of those into materiality, or to earth's experience, when the change was imminent in the earth; which change, we see, begins in '58 and ends with the changes wrought in the upheavals and the shifting of the poles, as begins then the reign in '98 (as time is counted in the present) of those influences that have been given by many in the records that have been kept by those sojourners in this land of the Semitic peoples."

            In other words, a time of change, which will see certain people returning to incarnation on earth and the opening of these record chambers which couldn't happen until their return---as well as, eventually, "upheavals and the shifting of the poles"---begins in 1958, and some forces apparently referred to in the Bible ("records that have been kept by those sojourners in this land of the Semitic peoples"? ) were to begin to "reign" in 1998---- which is similar to the statements made in the readings on the Pyramid Prophecies placing the Second Coming then.

         Note that a careful examination of the language shows that it was only said that a time of change begins in 1958 which will END in "upheavals" and a "pole shift", at some unspecified future time. It appears to link the pole shift (through the word "as") with the start of the reign of other forces in 1998, as if the pole shift would occur "as" the reign of these forces begins---- but this could be a misinterpretation of the peculiar language of the readings. It may be saying only that a series of events which will culminate in a pole shift begins in '58, and that, connected to this, another set of forces becomes active in '98. (We now certainly know no pole shift happened in 1998, and if the Second Coming happened it sure wasn't very visible.)

         Note also the word "upheaval" again, as if whatever was being described in 1936 was the first of a series.

           If a physical pole shift were to occur suddenly, it would be an unimaginable catastrophe, such as has never occurred in recorded history...and in fact might be a good part of the reason why we have almost no history left of our  time on earth before the last few thousand years, as the Egyptian priest said to Solon in Plato's story.  Yet, no one apparently asked any more about the predicted event, or what form it might take.

           I'll consider this more when we've looked at all 3 predictions of a "pole shift."

           The idea that the poles of the earth change from time to time---if this means the physical poles, not just the magnetic ones, which we already know do change and appear to be changing now---is a startling one at first, and no small thing to consider if true. Only one reading (5249-1, given 6/12/44) speaks of another one, in ancient times:

          "The entity then was among those who were of that group who gathered to rid the earth of the enormous animals which overran the earth, but ice, the entity found, nature, God, changed the poles and the animals were destroyed, though man attempted it in that activity of the meetings. Later the entity indicated interest in the reforms being made in Egypt through the efforts of Ra Ta..."

           [ The time of Ra Ta, incidentally, was said to be about 10,500 B.C., so this reading is saying a change of the poles occurred at THAT time --- the time is often wrong when quoted in many books --- which destroyed by ice some unspecified large beasts who were overrunning the earth.]

          This meeting, apparently in old Atlantis and with people coming from India and elsewhere,  was also described in readings 364-4 , given 2/16/32:

         "...there were the invasions of this continent by those of the animal kingdoms, that brought about that meeting of the nations of the globe to PREPARE a way and manner of disposing of, else they be disposed of themselves by these forces. With this coming in, there came then the first of the destructive forces as could be set and then be meted out in its force or power.  Hence that as is termed, or its first beginning of, EXPLOSIVES that might be carried about, came with this reign, or this period, when MAN - or MEN, then -began to cope with those of the beast form that OVERRAN the earth in many places."

       Also in 587-3, given 11/21/34:
           "During those periods when there were the gatherings of nations, or the peoples of the world for the pitting of themselves against the beasts that overran the earth, the entity aided in such gatherings of those..."

           No follow-up questions were asked to clarify what the beasts were; Cayce never used the word 'dinosaur', and of course our present interpretation of the fossil record places them millions of years ago, not thousands. The mammoths found frozen in Siberia certainly were apparently destroyed by ice in a sudden pole change about that time, although how these "enormous animals" could have posed such terrible threats to human beings is a guess, since they were not carnivores. They were enormous and certainly could have trampled people to death. Could they be what was meant?

          Earth's Shifting Crust and its revised publishing, The Path of the Pole by Charles Hapgood, and Earth In Upheaval by Immanuel Velikovsky, are some excellent summaries of the geological evidence for possible sudden pole shifts in the past, but geology currently says no such thing has ever occurred, that the physical poles have always been about as they are now while only the magnetic poles have changed.

      6. The Prophecies By "Halaliel" Through Cayce

          From late 1933 through early 1935, what claimed to be an angel named "Halaliel" spoke from time to time through Edgar Cayce. On Jan.19th, 1934, in a reading requested about coming "changes" in the world, a very strange reading resulted in which this Halaliel predicted a person named "John Peniel" would soon be born (it's implied he would be the reincarnation of the Biblical John) who would "proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord" and have many people flock to him. Halaliel, speaking through Cayce in trance, also prophesied some earth changes, which is the first of the really specific predictions quoted so much: before this there had been only the "Watch New York" remark and the one general prediction of a "shifting of the poles". Now, "Hallaliel" said:

         "As to the changes physical again: The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye.  Land will appear off the east coast of America. There will be the upheavals in the Arctic and in the Antarctic that will make for the eruption of volcanoes in the Torrid areas, and there will be the shifting then of the poles---so that where there has been those of a frigid or the semi-tropical will become the more tropical, and moss and fern will grow. And these will begin in those periods in '58 to '98..."

          Nothing of the kind happened up to 1998---no land off the east coast, no upheavals at the poles or pole shift. But people who want to have faith in anything Cayce said while in trance being infallible can take the word "begin" to support that SOMETHING began before 1999 that might lead to these predictions coming true.

         But this is not so with the other part of the reading, which is almost always misquoted. The other section of earth changes predictions below, in answer to Question #1, when it is quoted in books, almost always has the question left off and a part in the middle cut out, both of which date its predicted events specifically to 1934. The first question when "Halaliel" finished his discourse on John Peniel (which included the predictions above) was:

      Q-1. "What are the world changes to come this year physically?"
      A-1. "The earth will be broken up in many places. The early portion will see a change in the physical aspect of the west coast of America. There will be open waters appear in the northern portions of Greenland. There will be new lands seen off the Caribbean Sea, and dry land will appear. THERE WILL BE THE FALLING A

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)